Old 02 April 2004, 09:47   #1
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Advertising on RIBnet

In the membership discussion there has been lots of talk about advertisers on RIBnet. Currently we have a few banner ads which have contributed to the running costs of the site (and my thanks to Osprey, Ribcraft and Henshaws!), but I don't intend to continue with banners for a variety of reasons. There will never be pop up ads on RIBnet either!

I plan to allow advertising in the forums by posting in the buy and sell sections, and allowing trade members to have thir details in their signature. It won't be a licence to spam the forums though and repeated blatantly commercial posts won't be allowed. I hope and trust that people will respect the spirit of this, avoiding the need for an inflexible set of rules.

Advertising will also be available in the directory section when it is relaunched. Basic entries will remain free, but enhanced options can be paid for. This is an idea of how it might work:

Trade member £100, valid for 12 months
- for anyone using the forums to benefit their business
- standard directory listing
Trade plus member £200, valid for 12 months
- enhanced listing in the directory, such as
- extra info
- pictures
- coloured box round entry
Sponsor £500, valid for 12 months
- enhanced listing plus additional entry at the top of the page
- credit on the home page of the site
- restricted number per section

Signing up will be self service, on line. Payment by debit or credit card. I am not going to start doing telesales and I am not going to chase companies for payment!

Thoughts or suggestions welcome, either here or by PM or email if you prefer.

Cheers
John
Old 02 April 2004, 17:30   #2

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
re advertising

ok how much for a simple advert under the training section
£100 or less
does this mean we can no longer sign off
www.griffmarineservices.co.uk
i'm ok with that
and would pay for a add but £100 seems a bit high how about
a introductory offer of 1 year at £50 rising to £100 in the second year, that way if rib.net is worth advertising on people are going to continue advertising. but no good if tucked away on the home page, everyone goes straight to the forums for the info,
regards tim
www.griffmarineservices.co.uk
Old 02 April 2004, 17:42   #3

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
John I itend to go for the 500 pound oprion to advertise my business. Does this mean that I have an add placed and also my banner too? What credit on the home page means?
By the way where do I send Credit Card details??
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 April 2004, 20:44   #4

Town: Ongar, Essex
Make: Avon 620
Length: 6.2
Engine: mercury 135 Optimax
If your not so keen in the selling of space or chasing of money john have you thought about getting some other people involved to run the commercial side of the business to give you the time and extra money to carry on running this great forum.
Old 06 April 2004, 20:23   #5
Ian

Town: Morfa Nefyn, Gwynedd
Boat name: Black Jack
Make: Pro Sport
Engine: Suzuki 250hp 4/
JK - Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
In the membership discussion
Signing up will be self service, on line. Payment by debit or credit card. I am not going to start doing telesales and I am not going to chase companies for payment!

Thoughts or suggestions welcome, either here or by PM or email if you prefer.

Cheers
John
If I could find my buddy list I'd have PM'd you but with the new layout I can't locate it. I can't find the payment details either! Am I 'Forum illiterate' or just tired?
Old 06 April 2004, 20:35   #6

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Ian I have also asked the payment question too but no reply so far. I think John said he'll be with wife and new daughter this week. Possibly he'll tell us next week
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2004, 20:40   #7

Town: Brixham, Devon
Boat name: FLY-BY/FLY-BY II
Make: Ribcraft/Avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 175/Yamaha 30
Me too, no reply yet.

Torbay & Dartmouth Powerboat School
01803 855508
The South West Premier RYA Powerboat Training Centre
www.powerboat-instruction.co.uk
David Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2004, 20:58   #8
Ian

Manos & David, thanks for that, I thought it was me!
Old 07 April 2004, 13:02   #9

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Oh no, you can't.....

get out of it that easy Ian (I own a fantastic mobile phone but can just about switch it on) Greenwood. We all know what a complete numb-skull you are when it comes to anything more complicated than a gramophone.

Anyway, your Buddy List (yea, like you've got any) can be found at the top right side of your screen. Hit the Private Messages icon then look to the bottom left hand side of the screen where you'll find a number of icons including your buddy list, (yea like you've got any - ooops, I've already said that).

Alternatively, hit the Jump Forum icon just below this message then hit Private Messages icon and again look to the bottom left to find your Buddy List (yea like you've got any - ooopps I did it again)
Old 07 April 2004, 13:39   #10
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
It's great to have so many people queuing up to advertise on RIBnet!

As there seems to be a general acceptance of the scheme I outlined, it looks like that's what I will do. The reason you can't find any payment details is that they are not there. Please rest assured that when everything is in place I will make it as easy as possible for you to give me money

Initially it will be limited to standard Trade membership, with Trade Plus and Sponsor available when the rest of the site is relaunched.

Watch this space!

John
Old 07 April 2004, 16:50   #11
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe
Oh no, you can't.....

get out of it that easy Ian (I own a fantastic mobile phone but can just about switch it on) Greenwood. We all know what a complete numb-skull you are when it comes to anything more complicated than a gramophone.

Anyway, your Buddy List (yea, like you've got any) can be found at the top right side of your screen. Hit the Private Messages icon then look to the bottom left hand side of the screen where you'll find a number of icons including your buddy list, (yea like you've got any - ooops, I've already said that).

Alternatively, hit the Jump Forum icon just below this message then hit Private Messages icon and again look to the bottom left to find your Buddy List (yea like you've got any - ooopps I did it again)

MeMe, thank you for those kind and considerate words. I had already found the HUGE list of names on that 'Buddy List' however where as before I could click on PM and send a PM or even upto five names, I now find I have to copy and paste. This seems a backward step rather than an advantage.

Request: Should anyone have a spare, but large, radar reflector, prefer octohedral type, I would be please to take delivery and insert it up the now famous rectal orifice known as MeMe.