Old 10 April 2012, 06:03   #11

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohelm View Post
... is your employer 'experienced' on west africa dealings?
They do business there for about 40 years. The CEO lived in Ghana for 25 years.

I found the advice from this forum most helpful. I will not go before the equipment is in place and all official stuff done. The job is due late autumn anyway.

Special thanks to Anchorhandler.

Old 11 April 2012, 03:37   #12

Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Quote:
Special thanks to Anchorhandler

Your welcome....

to be fair, there are some stunningly beutiful places along the west African coast especially when you distance yourself from the masses.

Some of the most unspoilt beaches can be found only a short distance from some of the most densly populated and poluted cities.

I've had the pleasure of watching sea turtles swim alongside us, sharks hunt for their dinner, roaming around us while we've been anchored, massive tuna shoals and countless other species of wildlife you would never get yo see in Europe. Also seen some horrendous poverty and crime but the good does outway the bad......just.

Time permitting, i'l dig out some old photo's and post them as a taster...

I dont regret the time i spent down there.....(now that im not going there anymore ) but now that im older (and supposedly wiser) I would think twice about doing it all again.

Stay safe

Simon

Old 11 April 2012, 03:38   #13

Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Quote:
Special thanks to Anchorhandler

Your welcome....

to be fair, there are some stunningly beutiful places along the west African coast especially when you distance yourself from the masses.

Some of the most unspoilt beaches can be found only a short distance from some of the most densly populated and poluted cities.

I've had the pleasure of watching sea turtles swim alongside us, sharks hunt for their dinner, roaming around us while we've been anchored, massive tuna shoals and countless other species of wildlife you would never get yo see in Europe. Also seen some horrendous poverty and crime but the good does outway the bad......just.

Time permitting, i'l dig out some old photo's and post them as a taster...

I dont regret the time i spent down there.....(now that im not going there anymore ) but now that im older (and supposedly wiser) I would think twice about doing it all again.

Stay safe

Simon
Old 11 April 2012, 04:15   #14

Length: 7m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Hi everybody,

I am wondering what I should ask for a 2 - 3 weeks job in Ghana. They will cover all travel expenses including flight, hotel and food. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alexander
Be very carefull, there are a lot of scams coming from that country to do with employment, be wary if they ask for a lot of personal details or ask for a payment to cover visa requirements etc. Have a search on google for recruitment scams and Ghana.

If you think about it the first thing that strikes me is why don't they have someone in country who can do this particular job ? Why do they want someone from overseas ? Think about the difference in costs of a national doing it or paying for your flight etc etc. It sounds a little iffy. It may be legit but be carefull do some homework.