Old 12 July 2012, 05:52   #161

Length: 7m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensum View Post
Hello Ladies/Gents

Re the "Lulworth Cowboy," you will be pleased to hear he gone, myself and family have bought the boat and are now operating out of Lulworth Cove, we are a local Lulworth family and my father worked on the boat as a teenager.

Although the "Cowboy" is renowned for his bad manners and unfriendly approach the jetty is still private property and as you can appreciate we are trying to run a business. If you've seen the jetty you will understand that it is not capable of taking 2 boats therefore anybody mooring up will cost us money if it holds up the trips, we are also not insured. In addition we are dictated to by Lulworth Estate and part of our agreement with them (which is pretty expensive,) is that we don't allow other boats to land on our jetty or launch from the beach without prior arrangement.
Ribneters as this operation has now changed hands and the refference to this post on google may be causing the new operator some issues, don't you think its time perhaps this post was taken off / deleted so that it doesn't give the new operator issues, give em a better chance of making a go at it in this difficult market. They are aware of the rib net comments about the previous operation and concern.

Old 12 July 2012, 05:57   #162

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Ribneters as this operation has now changed hands and the refference to this post on google may be causing the new operator some issues, don't you think its time perhaps this post was taken off / deleted so that it doesn't give the new operator issues, give em a better chance of making a go at it in this difficult market. They are aware of the rib net comments about the previous operation and concern.
Seconded

Old 12 July 2012, 06:00   #163

Town: Zummerset
Boat name: irven arlyss
Make: Humber Oceanpro
Length: 6m +
Engine: evinrude 135hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Seconded

Thirded
Old 12 July 2012, 06:00   #164
RIBnet admin team

Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Ribneters as this operation has now changed hands and the refference to this post on google may be causing the new operator some issues.
Not my call obviously, but he seems to be feisty enough himself:

Quote:
Makes me think you are not a very nice person either to bad mouth someones business for no reason.
Personally, I'd just leave it to him. He's made the change of ownership clear on the thread and insulted a respected member of the UK RIB scene all at the one time - so he should be fine
Old 12 July 2012, 06:14   #165

Town: Lymington
Boat name: "Happy!"
Make: Zodiac Start 400
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 40 VETO
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Not my call obviously, but he seems to be feisty enough himself:

Personally, I'd just leave it to him. He's made the change of ownership clear on the thread and insulted a respected member of the UK RIB scene all at the one time - so he should be fine

Seconded.....
Old 12 July 2012, 06:33   #166

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Personally, I'd just leave it to him. He's made the change of ownership clear on the thread and insulted a respected member of the UK RIB scene all at the one time
Quite!

If we are petitioning for the history books to be changed then I am sure all sorts of worms will be coming out of the can.
Old 12 July 2012, 06:37   #167

Town: Zummerset
Boat name: irven arlyss
Make: Humber Oceanpro
Length: 6m +
Engine: evinrude 135hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post
Quite!

If we are petitioning for the history books to be changed then I am sure all sorts of worms will be coming out of the can.
Ah well, I will just climb back onto the fence and watch a while then
Old 12 July 2012, 08:43   #168

Town: Littlehampton, W Sx
Length: no boat
MMSI: 235101591
Google (and many many other servers) would still have it cached even if was deleted. Google would probably still show the link, but it would be to a 'missing' thread - which could look questionable to potential customers.

Another graduate from the Gerald Ratner School of Business Marketing (and all these extra comments will only keep the thread at the top of the Google rankings.)
Old 12 July 2012, 10:33   #169
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw View Post
A number of forum members were made to look very petty indeed. One even went so far as reporting the operation to the MCA. What an appalling sneak.
actually that strikes me as absolutely the right thing to do if you believe an operator is breaking the rules and putting the public at risk. The fact that the MCA did not take any action supports Jensum's comment:

Quote:
from what we know he was doing everything by the book and in accordance with the MCA.
however not breaking the letter of the law and following industry best practice are not necessarily the same thing. Your post might have been better at reassuring potential customers if you had clarified how you were addressing the issues highlighted rather than simply saying it was under new ownership.

Quote:
Makes me think you are not a very nice person either to bad mouth someones business for no reason.
probably not the most constructive start to your time on rib net; or the most effective way to set yourself apart from the previous ownership - but then I assume you are not trying to promote your business on here so it doesn't matter!
Old 12 July 2012, 10:50   #170
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
as I started this thread I have no objections but noticed that JK has edited my first post

< EDIT: 5 July 2012 - Lulworth RIB Rides is now under new ownership and the cowboy has ridden off into the sunset! JK >

This should make things clear to any new person reading this thread
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote