Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 December 2007, 06:09   #1
Trade member
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Make: Tornados etc
Length: 6m +
Engine: O/B
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 95
Safety Boat Job

Heres another, one of those more complicated ones. I get tons of these will pass on to anyone that wants.


> Message from: sarah Burns
>
> Dear Greg,
> I am a representative of Tenby Sea rowing Club in Pembrokeshire West Wales
> . In May 2008 We are taking part in the Celtic challenge rowing our 24ft
> Celtic Long Boat in a race from Arklow om the East coast of Ireland to
> Aberystwyth on the West Coast of Wales , approximately 96 nautical miles.
> Rules of the race stipulate each crew must have a Rib no less than 5.5 m
> in lenghth and a safety vessel no less than 12 metres in length to
> accompany them the entire length of the race . Ideally the safety vessel
> needs to be big enough to accomodate the 12 race crew and up to ten
> support crew . Crews in past races have chartered safety boats which they
> have then gone over to Ireland on , taking their race boat with them,and
> slept on board the night before the race to lessen the added complication
> of finding accomodation in Arklow before hte race . The Race is due to
> start on 3rd of May however could be started as late as 5th depending on
> the weather window .
> We would be very grateful if you could please forward any information you
> may have on possible sources for such support in our area , but also
> noting from your web site you provide your services anywhere in the uk ,
> however due to your location I am presuming this would put you out of our
> budget as all funding is being raised by sponsorship.
> I have been unable to locate any other providers of support vessels on the
> internet therefore would be very grateful of your help and information as
> soon as possible with this matter as our entry has to be finalised in
> January .
> In anticipation of your response
>
> Sarah Burns.

If anyone is interested please PM me and i will let you have the email.

Greg
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2007, 06:40   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Hi There

Do you think they'd be looking for change out of a hundred quid. We have a fleet tender that will do that support job
but it ain't cheep
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2007, 09:12   #3
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
We have four vessels available in the >12m category, they will only cost the rowers around £8k per day to have

With that number of support vessels it will look like an invasion fleet!




Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Heres another, one of those more complicated ones. I get tons of these will pass on to anyone that wants.


> Message from: sarah Burns
>
> Dear Greg,
> I am a representative of Tenby Sea rowing Club in Pembrokeshire West Wales
> . In May 2008 We are taking part in the Celtic challenge rowing our 24ft
> Celtic Long Boat in a race from Arklow om the East coast of Ireland to
> Aberystwyth on the West Coast of Wales , approximately 96 nautical miles.
> Rules of the race stipulate each crew must have a Rib no less than 5.5 m
> in lenghth and a safety vessel no less than 12 metres in length to
> accompany them the entire length of the race . Ideally the safety vessel
> needs to be big enough to accomodate the 12 race crew and up to ten
> support crew . Crews in past races have chartered safety boats which they
> have then gone over to Ireland on , taking their race boat with them,and
> slept on board the night before the race to lessen the added complication
> of finding accomodation in Arklow before hte race . The Race is due to
> start on 3rd of May however could be started as late as 5th depending on
> the weather window .
> We would be very grateful if you could please forward any information you
> may have on possible sources for such support in our area , but also
> noting from your web site you provide your services anywhere in the uk ,
> however due to your location I am presuming this would put you out of our
> budget as all funding is being raised by sponsorship.
> I have been unable to locate any other providers of support vessels on the
> internet therefore would be very grateful of your help and information as
> soon as possible with this matter as our entry has to be finalised in
> January .
> In anticipation of your response
>
> Sarah Burns.

If anyone is interested please PM me and i will let you have the email.

Greg
__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2007, 10:37   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by havener View Post
We have four vessels available in the >12m category, they will only cost the rowers around £8k per day to have

perhaps Frank's fleet tender is cheep after all it's only 1.5 a day and sleeps 24
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2007, 05:03   #5
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
No, the fleet tender sounds a good rate. Ours are anchor handling vessels so tend to be a bit more expensive!
__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2007, 05:11   #6
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
Greg,

PM sent.
__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2007, 07:19   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by havener View Post
No, the fleet tender sounds a good rate. Ours are anchor handling vessels so tend to be a bit more expensive!

I've been in a few winch halls in my time, very impressive craft. what is your fleet called?
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2007, 08:24   #8
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
Wish it was my fleet, I could be relaxing on a Greek island instead!

I work mainly with Les Abeilles, part of Bourbon, a French owned company probably most famous for the Abeille Flandre and Abeille Bourbon, part of the French SAR standby tugs fleet. Otherwise, the Group is mainly involved in North Sea anchor handling and port operations in, well, all over the place really.

http://bourbon-online.com/en/ will give you a better idea.

And you're right, vessels like the Abeille Bourbon are amazing pieces of engineering, especially when you think that on the salvage fleet the guys are working flat decks in some very nasty conditions to get tow lines attached.
__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2007, 16:06   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
excellent Fleet nice well kept boats. Maybe you guys could give some hints and tips to Putfords. Saw the aries last week and it needs some TLC

We worked with the Bourbon Surf one of your AHTS which was the heading Tug on the Captain FPSO during diving ops in 2005. We were on the Geosea and later the Maersk Asserter

Have a good watch!
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2007, 04:19   #10
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
Maersk are a decent fleet, good people to work with. Don't know much about Putfords recently, their reputation always used to be very good.

Boring day today as I'm reviewing contingency plans, but at least will be back out on the Ab. Bourbon for a bit of excitement next week
__________________

__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.