Old 16 November 2011, 09:16   #21
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Michael,

Thanks for clarifying that and sorry for any confusion. Did you fill the post? With 2.6 Million unemployed it presumably can't be that hard to find someone.

However, 5 people have commented on the pay, from a total membership of over 10,000; of which the threads have been read by about 1500 - so its far from "scathing".
Old 18 November 2011, 19:20   #22

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
I have a full time job, drive fire engines under the Retained duty system so drive boats and dive for fun and relaxation.

I regulary (during the racing seaseon) drive a 200 or so miles to drive safety / rescue boats. It's not unusual to drive to London or up North to provide Lifeguard, first aid or technical rescue teams and I do it for FREE - or expensis if I'm lucky, as I said earlier, it's fun.

Adverts like this allow me to drive boats closer to home, to meet other like minded people and play with other people's toys.

The pay (to me) is irrelevant, some is better than none - I do things because I enjoy it, not becasue it's my living - yes I know for some of you that it is but small events or sailing clubs can't pay great rates - they don't have the cash.

Damn annoying when you email as requested and don't get any type of response though

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2011, 11:40   #23

Town: Plymouth
Length: 10m +
We got around a dozen responses and have now filled the post. Most of the responses came from recent graduates, which given our location in a University town and the current youth unemployment figures is not to surprising.

Out of courtesy we replied to all emails, but do not appear to have received anything from you sorry Andy.

Michael
SW Boat Transport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2011, 19:45   #24

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW RIB Charter View Post
Out of courtesy we replied to all emails, but do not appear to have received anything from you sorry Andy.

Michael
Hello Michael

It was the Sadie in the OP in this thread that I'd replied to. The odd day here and there suited me - due to the reasons above.

Ta muchly

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote