Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Commercial operators
Click Here to Login

Old 10 May 2008, 00:53   #1

Town: Harlow, Essex
Boat name: On Water Training
Length: no boat
RYA Powerboat Instructor / Cruising Instructor available

An update now that I have completed successfully, my Cruising Instructor Qualification.

I have been 'on the water' since the age of 13, starting off sailing dinghies on inland waters. Moving towards bigger and larger craft and the owner of a Flying Fifteen Racing keelboat, I now spend nearly every weekend on the water either racing or on charters and deliveries.

I am a freelance RYA Cruising Instructor and RYA Powerboat Instructor and hold the RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate with Commercial Endorsement as well as being a Commercially Endorsed RYA/ MCA Yachtmaster available to RYA Centres only to teach either the Sail Cruising or Powerboat Scheme. I am also available for private freelance delivery work or Skippered Cruising, racing charter or power helm / Skipper.

With an International Certificate in Competence (ICC), RYA Certificates in Sea Survival, VHF/DSC Radio Operation and First Aid, all of which are valid and kept in date, my first principle is always safety on the water.

I have extensive knowledge of the Solent where I race as Foredecker or Mainsail Trimmer on a Fastnet class-winning Oyster SJ 35 and have Skippered a large number of Charters with corporate clients, fun sailing experience weekender crews and of course, with friends.

My knowledge and experience also covers the Med and extends as far as the Aegean Sea where I lived and taught (as well as sailed) in Greece 'on and off' for four years and where I return two or three times each year to undertake yacht deliveries for Vernicos Yacht Charters, Nomicos and a number of private clients.

Thanks for taking the time to read the information above - excellent references are available on request, as is my full CV.

Warmest regards,

Gordon...
www.onwatertraining.co.uk
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote