Professional Charter Association updates
Over several posts I have written about the Professional Charter Association. I am keen still to develop the RIB membership.
The PCA has actively been involved in recent meetings with the MCA covering the re-writing of the codes under MGN280 which are still being completed.
The PCA assists its members by:
• Establishing an effective communications channel among the members of the Charter Industry, the public and aiding in addressing items of mutual interest
• Representation to statutory and professional bodies (Government, MCA, RYA etc)
• Promoting the highest professional standards of best practice for delivering high quality guest experiences
• Protection of the interests of PCA members and the safety of passengers, crews and vessels at all times
• Assistance with contractual matters and implementation of regulations
• Being a point of technical expertise in the coding and compliance of Charter Vessels
• Being a point of contact from members of the public seeking to find a Charter Vessel and acting as a first point of arbitration in the event of a dispute
The Professional Charter Association is affiliated to the Yacht Brokers, Designers & Surveyors Association (YBDSA). The YBDSA is the holding company for the Yacht Designers & Surveyors Association (YDSA) and for the Association of Brokers & Yacht Agents (ABYA). This association has proved an enormous help to operators covering coding requirements and areas of legality. The present chair is also a member of this forum and very knowledgeable in the RIB market.
Our members vary from large passenger carrying craft (120 guests), Classic English motor yachts, 82 foot sailing yachts through to RIB operators running with single and twin engine boats. Membership is across the UK and now overseas driving up standards and customer satisfaction across the whole of our charter industry
Our involvement in the association has opened more doors for work than my membership of the RYA, BMF and the MLA (Marine Leisure Association) albeit these other memberships have provided me valued assistance when required.
If anyone operating charter RIBS or skippers involved in charter boats have any questions please do not hesitate to call me privately or e mail me.