FULL-TIME SAILING, POWERBOAT & SHOREBASED INSTRUCTOR
Stormforce Coaching is recruiting an instructor to deliver a range of powerboat and sailing courses. This is a full-time position based in Southampton with occasional work overseas.
• RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail/commercial)
• RYA Powerboat Instructor
• RYA Cruising Instructor (Sail) or ready to qualify
• RYA Shorebased Instructor or ready to qualify
• RYA SRC Assessor or ready to qualify
• Experience of skippering and/or instructing in the Solent
• Full UK driving license
• Experience of maintaining small craft
Desirable but not essential requirements
• RYA Yachtmaster Instructor (Sail)
• RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor
• RYA PWC Instructor
• RYA Dinghy Senior Instructor
• RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Power (or Instructor)
• Minimum age 25
This position will suit someone who would like to develop and grow within a small business. The opportunity to gain further coaching skills and qualifications is available. We believe strongly in personal development, we have work both here in the UK and overseas and are involved in all of the RYA training schemes. While the position is principally instructing and skippering basic duties include:
• Delivery of sailing, powerboating and shorebased courses
• Duty Instructor in the absence of Principal and Chief Instructor
• Occasional charter and delivery skipper
• Premises maintenance as required
• Fleet maintenance as required
• Office work as required
Remuneration and basic terms
• The salary is negotiable and dependent on current experience and qualifications but as a guide the starting salary is likely to be £15.5K to £16.5K for a Cruising Instructor or £16 to £17.5K for a Yachtmaster Instructor.
• Average five day working week (hours as required) and will involve some weekends
• 24 days annual leave including bank/public holidays.
• Additional training provided
• Start date flexible
• The employee may not take on any other paid work without the Principal's permission.
In the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with CV, current employment
details, current salary/wages, available start date and passport photo.