Old 12 April 2005, 04:57   #31
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
CJL I am not knocking the MCA i am in fact very suportive of them and I certainly am glad they are there, but I refuse to stand up and salute an activity that in my opinion is mostly redundant.

Surely the spot check requires no less setting up on a coded boat than on an uncoded boat?

I got no problem with the MCA enforcing the laws nor do I have a problem coding a boat. I have a problem with the resources not being deployed to persecute and prosecute the illegal operaters who don't care.

I think I asked a reasonable question of Mark and I would kinda appreciate an answer.

As it is I'll probably wait for a pull on the water. As Searider says you can manage the perception of your passengers quite affectively providing you pass!

Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2005, 06:14   #32
Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
I think it give the scheme more credibility and that can only be a good thing There are a lot of ‘schemes’ out there where inspections never takes place, the result being that after getting approval companies no longer bother to reach an acceptable standard
My feeling is that you should use the MCA approval more in your advertising so it becomes a customer driven requirement Although slightly different, in the past fitting seat belts in coaches was driven by customer request and it got to a point that an operator who didn’t have fitted belts lost business, if you could achieve same thing everyone would benefit Des

Scary Des is offline   Reply With Quote