Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 March 2008, 07:41   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: sunderland
Boat name: red 5
Make: unknown
Length: 6m +
Engine: diesel
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
looking for work

hi everyone first time on the forum dont know if i'am going about this the right way but here we go & i'am looking for work my last few jobs have been safety cover. (boating & diving) i hold a advanced power boat level two with comercial endorsment most of my work has been done with ribs but i do have limited experiance on hard boats up too 10mtrs i also have diving qualifications both padi & bsac. i'am based in the northeast of england but i have no tie's at the moment & would be willing to move around for the right job thanks for taking the time to read this
davey
__________________

__________________
davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2008, 08:06   #2
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
It might be worth looking here:

http://www.uksa.org/career/y_jobslist.asp
__________________

__________________
RIBnet: now available on Facebook!
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2008, 12:43   #3
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
i hold a advanced power boat level two
davey, I can't help you - but it will probably be fairly important for someone who can to know if it is an advanced OR a PB2 ticket you have?
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2008, 05:59   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: sunderland
Boat name: red 5
Make: unknown
Length: 6m +
Engine: diesel
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
davey, I can't help you - but it will probably be fairly important for someone who can to know if it is an advanced OR a PB2 ticket you have?
thanks for the reply's & the help lads checking the website's now.
my level is advanced power boat level 2 with commercial endorsement
__________________
davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2008, 06:14   #5
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
my level is advanced power boat level 2 with commercial endorsement
I think you missed the point of my post... there is not an "advanced level 2" course (unless it is not an RYA course).

The RYA powerboat courses are:

Level1
Level2
Intermediate
Advanced

In addition there is a Safety boat qualification.

So Advanced and Level 2 are completely different, although either can be commercially endorsed. That will make a huge difference to your employability.

Can I suggest you check the actual certificate and use the exact words on it?
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2008, 12:48   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: sunderland
Boat name: red 5
Make: unknown
Length: 6m +
Engine: diesel
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
I think you missed the point of my post... there is not an "advanced level 2" course (unless it is not an RYA course).

The RYA powerboat courses are:

Level1
Level2
Intermediate
Advanced

In addition there is a Safety boat qualification.

So Advanced and Level 2 are completely different, although either can be commercially endorsed. That will make a huge difference to your employability.

Can I suggest you check the actual certificate and use the exact words on it?
my mistake. it is a advanced rya/mca powerboat qualification sorry for the misunderstanding
__________________
davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2008, 14:43   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
do you have a BOSIET ticket
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.