Olympics

Steve PM sent

Old 25 April 2010, 05:01   #12

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Aintree
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150's
Will we be notified of a new tender date? I own one rib and would be willing to team up to create five or more?

Old 25 April 2010, 05:55   #13

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Let's start a sweepstake. My 1 says Ribcraft.
Old 25 April 2010, 07:24   #14

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
They have also approached a large technical services co. to see whether they would be interested in supplying a fleet of RIBs via the marine services division.....

Exploring several avenues by the sound of it.

Dan

Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2010, 09:48   #15
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250kts View Post
I was having a chat with the crew of one of the Dorset Police Ribs today and as he was involved in the Olympic preparations, he wondered if I had submitted a bid.

I had not, as I did not own 5+ boats. However, it appears that this requirement has now been relaxed, so that owners can get together and submit a group application.

The contract will be for 48days at 500/day for Ribs and 1000/day for hardboats (plus fuel). I am tempted, but wonder if there may be more lucrative contracts closer to the time ....
Steve, I would be surprised if a police operator knows the bidding process as I have again looked at the Compete For website and the decision date for commercial boat charter is still set at estimated 30/5/10 and I still know some operators and suppliers in this bid process so cannot see how they could undermine the process until first date passes and they cannot meet the requirements. Quite a few bidders have already be excluded.
Old 25 April 2010, 12:40   #16
RIBnet supporter

Town: South Coast
Ian

I am sure you are right, I was only passing on what was said to me whilst sat on the mooring on Saturday. After all, if you cant trust a Policeman, who can you trust ......

As an aside he was also on the look out for a 50hp Evirude, distinctive due to the fact that it has onle half a decale on one side. Apparently the biggest outboard stolen on the water in Dorset this year.
Old 17 August 2010, 12:23   #17

Town: SE England
Length: 6m +
Just wondered if there had been any update to this story. At last weeks Sail for Gold regatta at Weymouth the RIBs used were variable from Protectors downwards to some rather used boats, The SailforGold regatta is one of the premier events and just one step down from the Olympics
Old 21 August 2010, 04:20   #18
RIBnet supporter

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobysnax View Post
Just wondered if there had been any update to this story. At last weeks Sail for Gold regatta at Weymouth the RIBs used were variable from Protectors downwards to some rather used boats, The SailforGold regatta is one of the premier events and just one step down from the Olympics
Yes I heard they had a load of Protectors, thought they may have bought British?
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2010, 07:01   #19

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250kts View Post
I was having a chat with the crew of one of the Dorset Police Ribs today and as he was involved in the Olympic preparations, he wondered if I had submitted a bid.

I had not, as I did not own 5+ boats. However, it appears that this requirement has now been relaxed, so that owners can get together and submit a group application.

The contract will be for 48days at 500/day for Ribs and 1000/day for hardboats (plus fuel). I am tempted, but wonder if there may be more lucrative contracts closer to the time ....
i don't think this info is right, they are not looking at registration untill the end of september, nothing can be done till then, i think they will be looking more for drivers than boats, i can confirm that they have 21 protector's, i haven't counted them but my guess is 19 cabin and the rest open, these were purchased from the defunct america's cup and although they are not british they are all the same, which matters.
i do believe that they will probaly do a deal with a bigger rib manufacturer for a number of ribs on a buy back shceme, that way they would all look the same and they can unload them at the end, would make perfect sense to me, it might not help you guys trying to earn a living but business is business
Old 21 August 2010, 07:34   #20
Trade member

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Think Biffer is right makes more sense to employ drivers, some if not most will be part of the volunteers they have asked for .

Either way it will be a great experience to have helped /taken part in.

Any one want to do their Advanced and Commercial exam as this may be a requirement am guessing on this though .
Ta
Tim