Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26 February 2006, 13:13   #11
Country: UK - England
Town: Binfield
Boat name: merlinless now
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 450
I would check with the MCA.

The new rules (harmonised) are for small vessels in commercial use for sport and pleasure. The word Charter is important in this instance.

Also the Vessel has various definitions as i remember , if you read this section (about page 24/25) of MGN 280

If you own the vessel it will be on a free voyage - providing its your family then it needs no coding - not a surprise as this is what most boater do, however further on it talks about ownership of the vessel (clubs).

In your case you own the vessel but want to help a club, which crosses the boundaries

I would say you have to code in this instance. The best option is to get the club to insure your boat for safety cover, you will still have to ensure you have the correct gear and are trained.

Hope this helps

Boatless - better get down the pub and drown my sorrows
Jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.