Closed Thread
Old 08 May 2009, 01:49   #11
Town: Morecambe
Boat name: Various
Make: Various
Length: 10m +
Engine: Various
O Licence /CPC

Do you actually need a full O licence ? if you are using the truck for non commercial purposes,and just for movement of your own goods/RIBS ie not for hire or reward you used to be able to get a restricted O licence, for which you did not need a CPC, I think if i remember rightly,you used to have to get the truck inspected every 3 months by a recognised commercial garage, might be worth looking into. (it was a few years ago when we used this so maybe it isn't still available) GOOD LUCK

Old 08 May 2009, 07:33   #12
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
i dont think its that hard to get one as at the last firm that i drove for [ but i am going back 5 years ago ]the transport manager got made redundent and a young femail secetery from a diferent department went on a short course and got one for running 22 trucks both domestic and international ,regards operators licence theres 2 types ,orange for movement of own goods only ie plant equipment and the blue colour for movement of goods for hire or reward ie general haulage/ container / parcel distribution , a lot of firms now use a local truck dealer garage, as part of any licencing you need to prove to the authority that the truck gets serviced on a regular basis and that the taco drivers hours are inspected every few weeks and that the truck is kept off the road when not in use ,

Closed Thread