Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30 August 2004, 03:56   #1
Trade member
tim griffin's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,859
hard boats versus ribs

How many schools are offering hardboat tuition ie sports cruisers/ displacment, shaft/outdrive,and if so what size as a maximum, before crossing over to Motor Cruising scheme. (not a real rib question i know but one of interest )
regards Tim
Tim Griffin
RYA Freelance YMI power Powerboat and PWC instructor trainer vhf first aid sea survival Diesel engine radar and navigation instructor
tim griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2004, 10:49   #2
Country: Greece
Town: Cape Sounion + Santo
Boat name: Wet N Wild I,II,III,
Make: Falcon (x6) + Waterc
Engine: 115 Yamaha + 5 bhp a
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
In Greece most of the private schools (there aren't much) use hard boats up to 5 mtrs for tuition. The reason, less ware and tear than RIBs.
BoatMadHolidays is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.