RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPanther View Post
Yampower is probably the closest/biggest dealer.
Is it? Your profile says Edinburgh (maybe thats where you rather than the boat lives though).

If you are on "the East" then Bosuns Locker (since merging with FYM) are Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and Evinrude dealers so that doesn't really narrow your choice!

Ferry Marine (who have now moved to Livingston) are Mercury dealers.

If you are closest to Yampower then obviously Yamaha is their bag, but you'll not be that far from Mitchell's who are Evinrude and Mariner dealers, and probably close enough to Clyde Outboards who are Suzuki, Honda, Mariner, and Tohatsu agents.

The point being that around Glasgow and Edinburgh you have all the options, and you hope not to be in there every week so the question is not quite which is closest - but which (a) have an approach / attitude you like (b) is most likely to help you out when something goes wrong - especially if you are losing money whilst waiting to fix it.
Old 12 December 2015, 19:33   #12

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
My "smoker" makes Jambo's old V6 look like a fuel cell powered 'leccy when it comes to "visible emissions" , but I can say both Yampower & Mitchells are recommended. Not used the others for engine related stuff but the patter on here tells me I would if my geographical circumstance was different. Again probably out y our area but Davie (DA Marine if you looking on Google) also does Yam and I'd recommend him....

Old 17 December 2015, 17:08   #13

Town: Greenock
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Is it? Your profile says Edinburgh (maybe thats where you rather than the boat lives though).

If you are on "the East" then Bosuns Locker (since merging with FYM) are Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and Evinrude dealers so that doesn't really narrow your choice!

Ferry Marine (who have now moved to Livingston) are Mercury dealers.

If you are closest to Yampower then obviously Yamaha is their bag, but you'll not be that far from Mitchell's who are Evinrude and Mariner dealers, and probably close enough to Clyde Outboards who are Suzuki, Honda, Mariner, and Tohatsu agents.

The point being that around Glasgow and Edinburgh you have all the options, and you hope not to be in there every week so the question is not quite which is closest - but which (a) have an approach / attitude you like (b) is most likely to help you out when something goes wrong - especially if you are losing money whilst waiting to fix it.
Work in Greenock at an MCA accredited training centre but up until recently lived in Edinburgh