RIBnet admin team
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Not far off! And the "otherside" of the argument is similar too - don't park there and you don't get fined, and don't use music in your business and you won't have a problem - and so there is a body of people who "support the cause". Its more the way they do business that upsets people.

There is some case law I believe they built their argument on ,which dates back to days when nobody had personal radios etc, and whole factories were getting music "piped" in - so its still not clear what the courts would consider public performance. I think there is a case involving Kwik Fit going on at the moment.
Definitely dubious and even more like wheelclampers or private parking contractors.
I believe it's still illegal to to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour. Perhaps I should send a letter to everyone whom I suspect of this offence suggesting they pay me a fixed fee per year to keep quiet...
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2009, 18:15   #12
Town: Leighton Buzzard
Boat name: Phoenix
Make: Osprey Eagle
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 75hp
I cancelled my licence for the passenger boat with them, and had a long argument with them threatening me with legal action and demanding I signed a very restrictive letter, told them to go forth and multiply which they did.
Under there rules you do NOT need a licence for family events (birthdays, weddings, aniversaries, family get togethers,etc) but for non family events you do, so I just added a clause in my booking conditions that for non family events it is a condition of hire that if music is required then it is the hirers responcibility to obtain a licence, the hirer signs to accept the conditions.

Inland Dayboat & Charter Hire
Chandlery and GRP mouldings
rickuk3 is offline   Reply With Quote