Old 16 June 2013, 14:18   #1

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Charter from Gunwharf Weds 19th

Anyone on here running a charter form Gunwharf this Wednesday ?

A word of warning my youngest daughter won a rib trip via school ... if it's you watch out ..she's used to being at the wheel and will be super critical ...

Old 16 June 2013, 14:35   #2

Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Anyone on here running a charter form Gunwharf this Wednesday ?

A word of warning my youngest daughter won a rib trip via school ... if it's you watch out ..she's used to being at the wheel and will be super critical ...
Gunwharf, that will be "Onboard Rascal" a Ribeye 785s and Yam 250. A very nice combination.

chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2013, 14:47   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Guess Kevin needs a phone call assuming it is a legit operator as he is only one with overall at Gunwharf
Old 16 June 2013, 18:19   #4

Haha.she'll be watching for kill cord use!..but then again she's taken me from swanage to Yarmouth at 40 knts....so may just snooze unless it's good fun.and fast.:-)
Old 20 June 2013, 12:56   #5

So any idea who may operate a Cobra out of Gunwharf ?

A couple of things I may want to catch up with them about after taking my youngest out yesterday ........
Old 20 June 2013, 13:26   #6

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
These guys used to do the odd charter. Not sure if they still do, but they're just across the harbour. I'm not aware of any Cobras based in GW that are coded at the mo.

RIBshare | RIB Club | RIB Membership | Rib Charter | Rib Hire Services | Rib Charter Services | Rib Hire
Old 20 June 2013, 13:30   #7

Thanks Tim and all :-)
Old 20 June 2013, 14:43   #8

Town: Hampshire/Essex
Boat name: RIBshare
Make: Cobra Nautique 755
Engine: 250HP Yamaha Petrol
RE: Yesterday's RIB trip

Quote:

A couple of things I may want to catch up with them about after taking my youngest out yesterday ........
Hi Peter,

My name is Jonathan. My company donated a RIB experience prize to Faith in Football's Business Enterprise Challenge competition last year which your daughter participated in.

Please give me a call on 07834 211888 when you have a moment so that we can discuss yesterday's RIB trip.

Many thanks,

Jonathan London

RIBshare - Smart | Affordable | Boating
Visit www.RIBshare.co.uk or call 0845 654 4252 to find out more...
RIBshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2013, 14:48   #9

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Various
Make: Ribeye's
Engine: Yamaha 250 & 300
Charter from Gunwharf Wed's 19th

Quote:

I run commercially from Gunwharf so have a particular interest, and perhaps even a little more 'direct local knowledge' as a result. Firstly, Nobody currently operates a Cobra out of Gunwharf, infact I'm the only operator of coded RIBs there.

Ribshare are local working colleagues, who I'm informed "did" collect a party of school-children from Gunwharf yesterday, but it wasn't a charter !

I'm also informed it was a totally free trip to Cowes offered to a local school made via a church group, and donated by Ribshare. The proprietor of Ribshare himself was helming the Cobra in question and he's worked alongside me and several other local commercial operators who are also regular contributors, many times over the last couple of years. During that time he's displayed extremely safe operating methods and in my experience, always exercised consistent sound judgement in respect of all operational safety matters.

It's commendable that he offers an opportunity to get out on the water, to local children, with the best of intentions, and without any gain for himself. For that he doesn't deserve to be pilloried by the self appointed 'Ribnet safety police' or become a further victim of implied suggestions of running an unsafe operation and perhaps his interpretation of events would evidence that !
Old 20 June 2013, 15:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond View Post
I run commercially from Gunwharf so have a particular interest, and perhaps even a little more 'direct local knowledge' as a result. Firstly, Nobody currently operates a Cobra out of Gunwharf, infact I'm the only operator of coded RIBs there.

Ribshare are local working colleagues, who I'm informed "did" collect a party of school-children from Gunwharf yesterday, but it wasn't a charter !

I'm also informed it was a totally free trip to Cowes offered to a local school made via a church group, and donated by Ribshare. The proprietor of Ribshare himself was helming the Cobra in question and he's worked alongside me and several other local commercial operators who are also regular contributors, many times over the last couple of years. During that time he's displayed extremely safe operating methods and in my experience, always exercised consistent sound judgement in respect of all operational safety matters.

It's commendable that he offers an opportunity to get out on the water, to local children, with the best of intentions, and without any gain for himself. For that he doesn't deserve to be pilloried by the self appointed 'Ribnet safety police' or become a further victim of implied suggestions of running an unsafe operation and perhaps his interpretation of events would evidence that !
Easy Kevin !!!..no one is policing anything , no one is getting pilloried and no one is implying anything ! I'll call and chat to Jonathan so why not

Calm the F**K down ....

But if you want to keep the thread going that's fine by me ......