Centre Administrator's Position
Job Title: Centre Administrator
Reporting to: Principal & Office Manager
Commencement Date: April or May 2011
This is a diverse position, focusing primarily on administration and secondly on sales. The role also involves marketing and customer service. The post holder will help ensure the company’s office runs efficiently and bookings/ enquiries are handled correctly. This position will suit someone with experience as a Senior Administrator and/or Personal Assistant and who is now looking to take on more responsibility. Experience and knowledge of the RYA training schemes is useful (but not essential as training will be provided if you do not have this product knowledge already). The Centre Administrator will report directly to the Directors and while he/she will not have a dedicated team to manage will effectively run her/his own department and will at times direct junior staff.
The Company offers a range of Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Training Courses and yacht racing events to both the public and the commercial sector. The target markets are sailors and power boaters of all sized craft. The Company operates mainly in Southampton with some overseas interests.
• Support the Principal and Office Manager in day to day management
• Assume responsibility for handling enquiries by email, phone and in person
• Carry out administrative and secretarial work as required
• Assume responsibility for business development in areas agreed with the Principal
• Advise prospective students on appropriate training
• Carry out reception / front of house duties
• Maintain company diaries
• Assist the Office Manager with shore side customer service
• Update the website / online booking system as required
• Assist in developing the companies marketing strategy
• Co-ordinate the writing and production of the monthly email newsletter
• Co-ordinate catering for yachting courses
• Maintain and update the database
• Maintain appropriate stock level of training resources and certificates
• Be part of the sales team at selected boat shows, exhibitions and open days
• Take a key role in preparing for these events.
• Lead on ensuring the centre is kept clean and tidy.
As a small business, all of the staff have to fulfill multiple roles. These are appointed on a skills basis. The post-holder may assume responsibility for other areas based on skills and previous experience.
A full person specification and application form are on the "Working With Stormforce" Section of our website.