Old 22 September 2011, 10:16   #1

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Business for sale

Possibly the most difficult post to write.

As we come to the end of our second successful season, we have decided to put the business up for sale. The location of my "full time" job has moved away from the immediate area and has made managing the business much more difficult, but not impossible.
In my humble opinion, the business is to good to not carry on and has a lot of potential yet to be realised. We have made a great start and built up very good working relationships with others in the industry and surrounding businesses. I hope we also have a strong reputation on our standards and are now No.1 attraction in Poole on Trip Advisor. We already have numerous interests in Olympic opportunities for next year. This is a business that is already running needing little in the way of changes, other than your own personal direction.
The business package will come with all the equipment, fully serviced and in date, all bills and expenses paid up until early next year and with numerous business domains. Obviously it comes with the great Parker Baltic 900. I am also prepared to give an extensive handover, with continuing support if necessary. We have many very good skippers and crew on our books that you may wish to use in the future.
This could be a great opportunity for existing businesses to acquire a new profitable venture in Poole or someone/couple who would like to run their own business on the water for the summer period.
I am putting this on Rib.Net before anywhere else, as it may be attractive proposition for someone who already has an interest in Ribs.
I don’t need to sell the business, so am not giving it away, but also I am not asking for a ridiculous price either.
Interested parties should write to;-
Bournemouth Sea Safari Ltd
4 Brackley Close, Bournemouth International Airport, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 6SE
Regards
Steve
Old 22 September 2011, 10:28   #2

Town: Rosas
Boat name: Conqueror
Make: Valiant
Engine: Outboard 150hp Merc
Send a message via Skype™ to Courageous
Sorry to see that Steve. Do you not have anyone on your payroll who could manage the business for you or maybe source one externally?

The scenario you describe is a worry for me too as we struggle to build a "backup plan". We are wholly dependant on this location and my primary industry is volatile at the best of times!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 22 September 2011, 10:36   #3

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Engine: Outboard
Thanks. I am not at all worried about the viability of the business, as we are up again this year, when others in the area are complaining it is their worst year in the last 15!
For the 6 months of the Summer, managing the two jobs and business is difficult but not impossible and I have have one or two other ideas I would like to start up.
The business is in very good shape and ready for the next phase, for the right person/business. The location on Poole Quay means we can keep running when others can not.
Steve
Old 22 September 2011, 11:01   #4

Town: Rosas
Boat name: Conqueror
Make: Valiant
Engine: Outboard 150hp Merc
Send a message via Skype™ to Courageous
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were struggling - we are! It's mainly because we are a new start up in a very difficult time especially here in Spain! My hope is that this will grow for me to give me a backup in the event that my primary employer closes our local airport as a base of operations or worse still - goes bust!

Good to hear you have other options you wish to explore. It's hard work but also exciting seeing a small new business grow isn't it? This is my second effort, the first being some 20 years ago when I had more hair follicles than children

PM me a price if you don't mind - I know a few people in the Poole area with an interest in businesses like this. You never know