Old 05 June 2014, 13:11   #21
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I thought answering a specific enquiry was OK?
Not if the question is "Can you sell me a RIB?"
Old 05 June 2014, 16:06   #22
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Some time ago I came across a whale watching site in Australia where they were using a very large yellow rib with seats for 40+ , just a roof over the passengers, WC and 4 x Suzuki 300 o/b motors. from that site I found the producer who was funny enough based in Australia. As you want to operate in Australia I am sure you must know this rib and producer. If so are you just wanting to do a price check. I have been to find this site again but without any result
I suspect that you mean Naiad. Looks like they're based in NZ. There was a write up about them in RI a few years ago, by all accounts I think they would be just what the OP requires - and fairly close to home too!

Tourism
Old 05 June 2014, 17:26   #23

Town: Somerset
Boat name: Ashling
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 225
Australian built RIB's

Might be worthwhile speaking to Stephen Plummer at Woody Marine Fabrications who is based in Tingalpa Queensland. Details at the following link. He builds a range of RIB's and is very approachable and has certainly built some 16 metre RIB's. He sources some quite good tubes as well!!

Woody Marine Fabrication - Rigid Inflatable Boats Builders and Naval Architect Brisbane Australia

www.henshaw.co.uk
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2014, 12:39   #24

Make: Ribtec
Engine: Yamaha F225
A quick update

Thanks to all who have offered valuable contributions. I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge to assist.

I apologise to the mods if I caused a flurry of activity for your marker pens but I think there were some genuine responses to an unusual request. Some of these respondents could potentially see Ribnet as a viable source of future business, if you give them a hug

Andrew/Vectis. Your site looks very interesting. I want to see if there is an existing hull out there that will do the job prior to commissioning a design concept and new mould scenario. I'm eager to avoid as much budget pain as possible but thanks.

I am familiar with the Naiads and there is one operating very close to me. I have spoken to Woody Marine in the past but Stephen Plummer's name doesn't ring a bell.....Kirby Marine have a licence to build Naiads down in Henderson, WA. To me there's something that's not aesthetically pleasing about the look and I want a glass hull over aluminium so for me it doesn't work.

Oh and somebody might have jogged a response from one of the rugged boatbuilders...

So again, many thanks all.

Brian
Old 12 June 2014, 07:42   #25

I was sent your email regarding a 16m RIB. I am not sure if you are aware of our boats, so you can view our web site:
www.wmf.com.au
We build custom built RIBs from 6m and up and are currently building a 14m tourist vessel for Victoria. Feel free to visit the site and go from there.
Stephen - Woody Marine Fabrications Brisbane