Old 27 September 2006, 03:33   #11

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Adam thank you for the reply
I am sure that the organisers will see your post and I believe that, from the little I know, next year the RED SEA RIB RALLY event will not 'compromise' or 'interfere' with other power boating events in this or indeed in other European country.

I am sure that shortly some dates will come forward for the next year RIB races in the Red Sea.

Thanks again
Manos

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 05:14   #12

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Adam you are not the only person from the club with these views - however I don't think it had any bearing on the championship other that the late arrival of the boats from Egypt.

1 There were only 3 boats entered this year - some crews went on to other classes such as V24 and P1 and 1 boat lost his navigator and had work commitments, Egypt had nothing to do with the lack of numbers at all - I know the crews involved!

2 Littlehampton had no RIBs because 1 boat had injured crew and another had other problems leaving me the option of driving from Devon to race myself for 40 points.

3 Cowes didn't have any RIBs because of Egypt, but Class III International races clash with UK races and I havn't heard of anyone complaining that it is ruining the class.

Although I have issues and a big repair bill as a result of the trip I believe that the Egyptians did the best they could and need better help from European experienced racers and organisers to make the event as good as it can be be next year.

Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 05:33   #13

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
@ Cookee
Old 28 September 2006, 03:27   #14

Town: Yarmouth
Boat name: 74 Rouge
Make: Aquavite
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 O/B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Adam you are not the only person from the club with these views - however I don't think it had any bearing on the championship other that the late arrival of the boats from Egypt.
You've missed the point to some extent - RIB racing in this country was obviously in trouble whatever happened with the Egypt event.

However from an organisers point of view - we make plans for races including a RIB race at Torquay. This will now not happen which looses us revenue and also is not good news when we go back to the local departments and inform them that we have lost one of classes. As you know this was only confirmed very late on.

As for the UK RIB championships I think that the RYA could have put more of their efforts into promoting it - and perhaps saving RIB racing. Whereas now it would appear to be on the point of no longer continuing?
Old 28 September 2006, 07:52   #15

No need to worry about next RIB races as I have it from good sources that the 2007 RED SEA RIB RALLY will take place at the end (around the 28th) of October
I have a few more details but must wait until they become public by the RYA who is one of those organisations that promote this (IMHO) super event.
Old 30 September 2006, 19:11   #16

Town: Torquay
Make: Bayliner
Length: 5m +
Engine: I/B 3L
Shame there was no racing today (Sat) as the wind was whipping things up
Just a few pictures from the pits

www.torbay-photos.co.uk

Fingers crossed for tomorrow