Old 01 June 2014, 14:19   #1

The Future of Offshore Racing

I have just received the following from a good friend of mine in Norway. I will leave it to you to decide what to do but this man knows what he is talking about,

Hello,

My name is Řivind Dreier Sivertsen, but I am also known as ”Simon from Norway”.

I have been involved in Powerboating for more than 50 years and have for a number of years been a member of UIM Cominoff and worked as a UIM Commissioner at several Championship Events.

My Powerboating heart feels sad when I see the state of affairs for offshore racing in General within Europe. With the latest development of the Venture Cup, which was tried turned into a Rally under Pleasure Navigation and now cancelled, I feel that the offshore sport need to see some positive signals.

It is in this context that I contact you. I am first of all trying to find out what kind of boating material is in existence and what kind of racing people would like to see being brought back to the sport. If sufficient interest is proven for the Pro-Vee class or Marathon then an initiative will be taken to bring the class back to the scene.

Please fill in the attached form and return it to me A.S.A.P. If you have a friend who has a boat and is interested n iOffshore Racing, please pass this mail on to him or her.

My aim is to assist to see real offshore racing flourish again. With hopes for the future.

Best Regards

Řivind «Simon» Dreier Sivertsen
Chairman Offshore Norway
Ph. +47 930 16 650
simonfromnorway@gmail.com
Old 01 June 2014, 15:32   #2

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
I can't see anybody filling in anything until we all know that there will be a new body of people to run the organisation. It would be stupid to get involved with the governing bodies as they stand as it's been proven more than once that they cannot cope
Old 01 June 2014, 15:49   #3

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
I agree with Biff. This could be a case of the king is dead long live the king. Over the past 25 years I have seen the RYA and UIM destroy anything to do with powerboats. Unless the event is in a rich country but that is a different topic of discussion. Football and all that. Alan P