Originally Posted by Downhilldai
Does anyone know what time the boats will be arriving/leaving Milford Haven and where the competitive legs in/out of MH will end/start?
Milford Haven NTM info for anyone interested in watching these legs:
Notice to Mariners No. 70 of 2008 - ROUND BRITAIN POWERBOAT RACE 2008
ROUND BRITAIN POWERBOAT RACE 2008
1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY advised that legs of the Round Britain Powerboat race will finish and begin at Milford Haven.
2. On Sunday 22nd June 2008 the East Channel will be closed to commercial traffic between 1200 and 1800. The incoming boats will use a line drawn between Rat buoy and E Chapel buoy as the finish line (approximate position 51° 40'. 85 N 005° 08'W).
3. Boats will approach at full speed until the finish line and then slow to a maximum of 20kts to proceed in single file to Carr Jetty (approximate position 51 41.'9 N 004 57.5 W) where they will berth to pontoons overnight.
4. There will be 40-50 boats of lengths between 15m and 7.5m.
5. On Monday 23rd June 2008 the East Channel will be closed to commercial traffic between 0830 and 1100 to allow the start of the next log.
6. The boats will leave Carr jetty at 0830 and proceed down river, max speed 20kts, to Dale Roads anchorage (approximate position 50° 42'N 005° 07'W) and will "muster and circle" until their start times.
7. There will be two starts, at 0930 and 1000. The boats will start from Rat/East Chapel buoys proceed down the East Channel before heading west. Keeping to the South of St Ann's buoy.
8. A committee boat will attend the start finish line at all times and will monitor VHF Ch 12.
9. For details of the fleet while in Milford Haven contact Port Control on:
i. VHF Channel 12
ii. Telephone 01646 696137
iii. Fax 01646 696110
iv. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Admiralty charts 3273, 3274, 3275 and Imray 2600.11 refer.
11. This notice will self cancel at 2359 pm 23rd June 2008.