Old 28 August 2016, 04:20   #1
Boat name: Happy Days
Make: Avon
Length: no boat
Engine: Yamaha 75hp
Avon Searider 5.4m Navy Spec, Yamaha 75, Poole, 8,999

For sale is our brilliant Avon Searider 5.4m navy spec RIB. Fully refurbished over the last couple of years, with literally everything replaced bar the tubes which are original, heavily reinforced, in good condition and fully air-tight.

I know the price may seem a little high compared to other Avon RIB's but please consider the following:

I am a marine electronics engineer by trade and have completed all the refurbishment work myself to the highest standards and with great care and attention to detail. I've spent many hours and a lot of money on this boat which I have used personally and had some great days out with my young family. Nothing has been bodged or done cheaply.

The price includes several items, like the engine, hydraulic steering, nav equipment, trailer and cover which would be expensive if bought individually.

She has:

Yamaha 75hp 2 stroke outboard engine, giving 33 knots fully loaded.
Full cover in excellent condition.
SBS R2-1300-B trailer included.
Bluesea circuit breakers and power distribution.
AGM 12v battery with dedicated aux charging point.
All new Yamaha engine instrumentation and controls; including new cables, wiring and looms.
Ultraflex hydraulic steering system.
New twin Yamaha fuel tanks and Yamaha fuel water separator.
Custom made bilge pump, sump with automatic pump out.
Navigational equipment includes:
Icom IC-M505 DSC VHF
Garmin 55DV chart plotter/sounder

As well as replacement of electrical equipment, restoration also included:

Full refurbishment of the A-frame which was stripped and powder coated.
Complete hull refurbishment, now immaculate with no anti-fouling.
Deck stripped back to fibreglass and re-gel coated (no paint).
Aquaturf was added to the deck for increased safety and comfort.
There is a customised jockey seat, which was re-upholstered and a backrest added. The seat can accommodate 3 adults.
The customised helm has been raised for comfort and maximum visibility.
There is a customised anchor locker which doubles as an additional seat.

Honestly, this is a brilliant example of an SR5.4. Incredibly seaworthy for its size and built to withstand the abuse of the Royal Navy! In full working order and ready to get you out on the sea.

If you have any questions then please get in touch and I'll try to answer them. I'm happy for serious buyers to come and have a look or sea-trial if necessary.

Ideal for days out with the family, blasts on your own or fishing trips with your mates! Our kids have loved this boat and we have had some great days out. Its only for sale as wed ideally like something slightly bigger so we can venture further afield.
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote