Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I think you will find that the oil price started going up as a direct result of the Gulf war - it was already VERY high before the hurricanes!!!

If you will have a look at this little chart you will see that oil prices are influenced by wars more than anything else!!!

Before the 2nd gulf war Iraq accounted for 40% of OPEC oil production - and about 40% of these stocks were going to China - production is now a third of what it used to be!!!

Yes Codders- the graph data is a bit dated and finishes before the seond gulf war.. Lets argue the same base.........
I am packing my rib off to the Canary's in about 2 weeks-- last chance to come over to try it out.......... my invite still stands

Jonathan
Old 29 October 2005, 18:05   #82

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
Yes Codders- the graph data is a bit dated and finishes before the seond gulf war.. Lets argue the same base.........
I am packing my rib off to the Canary's in about 2 weeks-- last chance to come over to try it out.......... my invite still stands

Jonathan
Would rather try it out in the Canary Islands!!! What are you sending it over there for??? And HOW???
Old 29 October 2005, 18:33   #83

Town: Binfield
Boat name: merlinless now
Length: no boat
you have all done it again - your all mad (joking by the way)

This was about the ban on Windermere

My worry is it ends up in other places, i think they are think about restricting parts of Lock Lomond. I hope the people thinking about look at what has happen to the economy, i think they forgot that its more that the boat e.g

Obivously the boat
+ somewhere to stop
+ meals
+ bits for the boat
+ mooring

it really adds up, they have lost all that

I think when i'm old codger, i'm going to get a big rib with NASA 5000's (not invented yet) and fly past the wardens office flat out, doing a moony - watch this space... in 30 years
Old 29 October 2005, 18:41   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob
you have all done it again - your all mad (joking by the way)

This was about the ban on Windermere

My worry is it ends up in other places, i think they are think about restricting parts of Lock Lomond. I hope the people thinking about look at what has happen to the economy, i think they forgot that its more that the boat e.g

Obivously the boat
+ somewhere to stop
+ meals
+ bits for the boat
+ mooring

it really adds up, they have lost all that

I think when i'm old codger, i'm going to get a big rib with NASA 5000's (not invented yet) and fly past the wardens office flat out, doing a moony - watch this space... in 30 years

Yes we can expect to see loads more of these restrictions coming into place - the whole Labour mentality seems to be to listen to the vocal minority - hence they ban everything!!!

For example a few weeks ago an advery for Sin City was withdrawn by the advertising standards authority - guess how many complaints they received - ONE yes that is 1 - millions saw the advert and because ONE miserable old fart doesn't like it we all suffer!!!

As to flying past in the RIB you may not have to wait too long - or is this a bit too small for you???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIB_p3 (Small).JPG
Views:	142
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	15404  
Old 30 October 2005, 05:11   #85

Quote:
Would rather try it out in the Canary Islands!!! What are you sending it over there for??? And HOW???
spending the winter there - Grand Canaria - petrol is 0.60euros/liter. -
hopefully by container - but have to take off all the aerials and wheels off the trailer. - Should go in. got a quote for a high container at $1400.00 antwerp/las plamas.-- Problem is I have to stuff it the port as have no meams where I live to get the container off the chassis. There is a ro/ro ferry from Cadiz to Las palams but comes out to nearly 3000 euros.
Any bright Ideas??- and forget a trip from GIB to Las palams.Would have to refuel in Morocco and I dont fancy that!!!!!

Jonathan
Old 30 October 2005, 08:21   #86

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Sorry to drag this thread back into ephemera, but I was asked the following by Donuts:

"Please tell us how many times an unarmed civilian has been shot by an armed policeman in the past 5 years - I think you'll be surprised at how few the number actually is. As per my last post, if someone thinks that it is prudent to have a table leg mascurading as a gun under their jacket then they probably deserve a 9mm..."

I am indeed surprised by how small the number is - especially when compared with the number of people who die while in police custody..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deaths_in_police_custody.gif
Views:	142
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	15406  
Old 30 October 2005, 10:14   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
spending the winter there - Grand Canaria - petrol is 0.60euros/liter. -
hopefully by container - but have to take off all the aerials and wheels off the trailer. - Should go in. got a quote for a high container at $1400.00 antwerp/las plamas.-- Problem is I have to stuff it the port as have no meams where I live to get the container off the chassis. There is a ro/ro ferry from Cadiz to Las palams but comes out to nearly 3000 euros.
Any bright Ideas??- and forget a trip from GIB to Las palams.Would have to refuel in Morocco and I dont fancy that!!!!!

Jonathan
Why refuel in Morocco - just refuel in GIB itself - nice cheap fuel.....

That is a very good deal for the container - prob the best bet.

Have you boated around the Canaries? Seriously deep water just a few yards offshore!!! Some pretty big Atlantic swells that time of year I would have thought.
Old 30 October 2005, 10:22   #88

Just seen yet another Labour BAN!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4389598.stm

They are now thinking of banning people from drinking booze on public transport. Don't think people travelling by train will be too happy if they can't have a glass of wine with their meals!!!

"The plan to ban drinking on public transport is reportedly on a list of 40 proposals aimed at tackling anti-social behaviour and binge drinking.
The list is also said to include the introduction of respect "sheriffs" in each community and allowing councils to seize the private homes of people found guilty of serious anti-social behaviour offences."

I can't believe the last bit - that is the sort of thing the Gestapo would do!!! "Why not"? some people would ask - because it all depends on what you call serious ASBO - as I posted earlier one man was given an ASBO for allowing his spaniels to foul a public beach!!!
Old 30 October 2005, 16:14   #89

Quote:
Just seen yet another Labour BAN!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4389598.stm

They are now thinking of banning people from drinking booze on public transport. Don't think people travelling by train will be too happy if they can't have a glass of wine with their meals!!!

"The plan to ban drinking on public transport is reportedly on a list of 40 proposals aimed at tackling anti-social behaviour and binge drinking.
The list is also said to include the introduction of respect "sheriffs" in each community and allowing councils to seize the private homes of people found guilty of serious anti-social behaviour offences."

I can't believe the last bit - that is the sort of thing the Gestapo would do!!! "Why not"? some people would ask - because it all depends on what you call serious ASBO - as I posted earlier one man was given an ASBO for allowing his spaniels to foul a public beach!!!

Dont worry Codders. If you feel your human rights are being infringed - you can go to the European courts on human rights.!!! But
I am glad that:

- they are thinking about banning C2H5OH in public places and that they
have "gestapo" type thugs to police it

- That the partial smoking ban will come into effect.

I dont want my life messed up by drunken idiots. I dont want to catch cancer by being in the same room as smokers. I use to smoke a pipe 15 years ago and was a stupid sod.It takes some 10 years to de-intoxicate yourself from the effects of smoking. Come back on the Canarys later. And the dog fowling bit- I would have had the dog and owner put down.
Actually trying to get a court injunction to have my Belgium mother in law put down.

Jonathan
Old 30 October 2005, 21:08   #90
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
I Am Surprised Jk Has Allowed This Rubbish To Take Up Precious Server Space,I Thought Threads Like This Were Banned, Discouraged Whatever You Like,
Quite right too!

I've not been on-line for a couple of days, so this has run on longer than normal.

Next?

John