Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 October 2005, 09:43   #31
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 885
I have now seen armed Police officers strutting around with guns on their hips in our local Tesco - in Swansea!!

I always thought Swansea was twinned with Beirut!! now you have confirmed it.Brussels is a sea of tranquility cf Swansea. What were you doing in Beirut?

Jonathan
__________________

__________________
eupa is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 09:51   #32
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
"Plastic shopping bags are a common way to carry and/or conceal a gun for several reasons. Firstly they can be fired with the hand outside the bag thus not transferring the kind of forensic evidence required for a gun crime conviction. Secondly the bag will catch an ejected cartridge, again denying forensic examination and a link to a specific firearm. Thirdly, most people wouldn't react if a Tesco shopping bag was waved at them - seeing no threat. The police know this well."

Are you seriously suggesting its OK to summarily shoot and kill someone for possession of a Tesco's bag?

You're madder than Codders!!!
Funny reply, but I didn't mean that and you know it. Endof.
__________________

__________________
hard1 is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 10:07   #33
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD44
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 475
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit? Your tales get taller as the weeks go past. As for the police having steyr aug rifles in bristol - that is absolute horseshit. Even if this bore any resemblence to the truth, imho give the police the tools to do the job of keeping our streets safe - if this means they carry excocet missile launchers on the back of their panda cars then so be it, as long as they're trained to use the kit and know when is appropriate to use it....

anyone stupid enough to carry anything resembling a gun and / or not respond fairly quickly to a police challenge probably deserves what they get..one of the lefty papers did an analysis of all those who had been shot by armed police in the last few decades - with the obvious unfortunate exceptions (ie london recently) they have nearly all been when the police have been faced with what appears to be a firearms threat......i'm with hard1 on this..
__________________
donutsina911 is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 10:54   #34
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit?
Codders actually spent his formative years on the Red Sea where, at the tender age of 2, he followed in Moses' footsteps and learned to walk on water, later helming his first RIB at just 3 years old. On leaving primary school, he enlisted with Mossad as a junior secret agent and subsequently saw active service in the Lebanon. Longing for a break from the stresses of combatting international terrorism, he eventually returned to his native Swansea where he was at last able to enjoy a life of anonymity amongst the UK's millions of IT consultants.
__________________
Phil Davies is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:12   #35
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Codders actually spent his formative years on the Red Sea where, at the tender age of 2, he followed in Moses' footsteps and learned to walk on water, later helming his first RIB at just 3 years old. On leaving primary school, he enlisted with Mossad as a junior secret agent and subsequently saw active service in the Lebanon. Longing for a break from the stresses of combatting international terrorism, he eventually returned to his native Swansea where he was at last able to enjoy a life of anonymity amongst the UK's millions of IT consultants.
__________________
Out of the fog......
Alan is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:21   #36
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit? Your tales get taller as the weeks go past. As for the police having steyr aug rifles in bristol - that is absolute horseshit. Even if this bore any resemblence to the truth, imho give the police the tools to do the job of keeping our streets safe - if this means they carry excocet missile launchers on the back of their panda cars then so be it, as long as they're trained to use the kit and know when is appropriate to use it....

anyone stupid enough to carry anything resembling a gun and / or not respond fairly quickly to a police challenge probably deserves what they get..one of the lefty papers did an analysis of all those who had been shot by armed police in the last few decades - with the obvious unfortunate exceptions (ie london recently) they have nearly all been when the police have been faced with what appears to be a firearms threat......i'm with hard1 on this..
Absolute horseshit???

I NEVER post anything unless I have checked it first!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2665251.stm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_38704723_armedpolice300.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	15362  
__________________
codprawn is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:43   #37
Member
 
Jono's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,122
Defo Steyrs in the pic.... but are they the police spec 9 millies (Ie not .223s)... which are no more "powerful" than the H&Ks..? I can't tell without a better piccie..
__________________
Jono is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:52   #38
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Defo Steyrs in the pic.... but are they the police spec 9 millies (Ie not .223s)... which are no more "powerful" than the H&Ks..? I can't tell without a better piccie..
I checked up at the time - and well done for knowing the difference!!! They are actually the 5.56 versions!!!

Now I know that US SWAT teams etc would have such guns but for normal Police on street patrol??? The chance of a stray round hitting someone els is just far too great!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:54   #39
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Codders actually spent his formative years on the Red Sea where, at the tender age of 2, he followed in Moses' footsteps and learned to walk on water, later helming his first RIB at just 3 years old. On leaving primary school, he enlisted with Mossad as a junior secret agent and subsequently saw active service in the Lebanon. Longing for a break from the stresses of combatting international terrorism, he eventually returned to his native Swansea where he was at last able to enjoy a life of anonymity amongst the UK's millions of IT consultants.

Spot on - and where the hell have you been hiding lately??? Been quite peacefull on here for a while!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline  
Old 27 October 2005, 12:15   #40
Member
 
Jono's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I checked up at the time - and well done for knowing the difference!!! They are actually the 5.56 versions!!!

Now I know that US SWAT teams etc would have such guns but for normal Police on street patrol??? The chance of a stray round hitting someone els is just far too great!!!

Mmm... just had a quick "nose" and discover that quite a few Police "units" have been isued with .223 AUGs...... shit! That's really gonna sting if it goes wrong I understand if you're facing a villain wearing a vest it's much better to give him a smack with a .223 rather than a tickle with a 9 mill.. but jeez..... through and throughs?..
__________________

__________________
Jono is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.