Closed Thread

Old 27 October 2005, 09:43   #31

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
I have now seen armed Police officers strutting around with guns on their hips in our local Tesco - in Swansea!!

I always thought Swansea was twinned with Beirut!! now you have confirmed it.Brussels is a sea of tranquility cf Swansea. What were you doing in Beirut?

Jonathan

Old 27 October 2005, 09:51   #32

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
"Plastic shopping bags are a common way to carry and/or conceal a gun for several reasons. Firstly they can be fired with the hand outside the bag thus not transferring the kind of forensic evidence required for a gun crime conviction. Secondly the bag will catch an ejected cartridge, again denying forensic examination and a link to a specific firearm. Thirdly, most people wouldn't react if a Tesco shopping bag was waved at them - seeing no threat. The police know this well."

Are you seriously suggesting its OK to summarily shoot and kill someone for possession of a Tesco's bag?

You're madder than Codders!!!
Funny reply, but I didn't mean that and you know it. Endof.

Old 27 October 2005, 10:07   #33

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD44
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit? Your tales get taller as the weeks go past. As for the police having steyr aug rifles in bristol - that is absolute horseshit. Even if this bore any resemblence to the truth, imho give the police the tools to do the job of keeping our streets safe - if this means they carry excocet missile launchers on the back of their panda cars then so be it, as long as they're trained to use the kit and know when is appropriate to use it....

anyone stupid enough to carry anything resembling a gun and / or not respond fairly quickly to a police challenge probably deserves what they get..one of the lefty papers did an analysis of all those who had been shot by armed police in the last few decades - with the obvious unfortunate exceptions (ie london recently) they have nearly all been when the police have been faced with what appears to be a firearms threat......i'm with hard1 on this..
Old 27 October 2005, 10:54   #34

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit?
Codders actually spent his formative years on the Red Sea where, at the tender age of 2, he followed in Moses' footsteps and learned to walk on water, later helming his first RIB at just 3 years old. On leaving primary school, he enlisted with Mossad as a junior secret agent and subsequently saw active service in the Lebanon. Longing for a break from the stresses of combatting international terrorism, he eventually returned to his native Swansea where he was at last able to enjoy a life of anonymity amongst the UK's millions of IT consultants.
Old 27 October 2005, 11:12   #35

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Codders actually spent his formative years on the Red Sea where, at the tender age of 2, he followed in Moses' footsteps and learned to walk on water, later helming his first RIB at just 3 years old. On leaving primary school, he enlisted with Mossad as a junior secret agent and subsequently saw active service in the Lebanon. Longing for a break from the stresses of combatting international terrorism, he eventually returned to his native Swansea where he was at last able to enjoy a life of anonymity amongst the UK's millions of IT consultants.
Old 27 October 2005, 11:21   #36

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
codders, what on earth were you doing in beruit? Your tales get taller as the weeks go past. As for the police having steyr aug rifles in bristol - that is absolute horseshit. Even if this bore any resemblence to the truth, imho give the police the tools to do the job of keeping our streets safe - if this means they carry excocet missile launchers on the back of their panda cars then so be it, as long as they're trained to use the kit and know when is appropriate to use it....

anyone stupid enough to carry anything resembling a gun and / or not respond fairly quickly to a police challenge probably deserves what they get..one of the lefty papers did an analysis of all those who had been shot by armed police in the last few decades - with the obvious unfortunate exceptions (ie london recently) they have nearly all been when the police have been faced with what appears to be a firearms threat......i'm with hard1 on this..
Absolute horseshit???

I NEVER post anything unless I have checked it first!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2665251.stm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_38704723_armedpolice300.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	15362  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:43   #37

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Defo Steyrs in the pic.... but are they the police spec 9 millies (Ie not .223s)... which are no more "powerful" than the H&Ks..? I can't tell without a better piccie..
Old 27 October 2005, 11:52   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Defo Steyrs in the pic.... but are they the police spec 9 millies (Ie not .223s)... which are no more "powerful" than the H&Ks..? I can't tell without a better piccie..
I checked up at the time - and well done for knowing the difference!!! They are actually the 5.56 versions!!!

Now I know that US SWAT teams etc would have such guns but for normal Police on street patrol??? The chance of a stray round hitting someone els is just far too great!!!
Old 27 October 2005, 11:54   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies

Spot on - and where the hell have you been hiding lately??? Been quite peacefull on here for a while!!!
Old 27 October 2005, 12:15   #40

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I checked up at the time - and well done for knowing the difference!!! They are actually the 5.56 versions!!!

Now I know that US SWAT teams etc would have such guns but for normal Police on street patrol??? The chance of a stray round hitting someone els is just far too great!!!

Mmm... just had a quick "nose" and discover that quite a few Police "units" have been isued with .223 AUGs...... shit! That's really gonna sting if it goes wrong I understand if you're facing a villain wearing a vest it's much better to give him a smack with a .223 rather than a tickle with a 9 mill.. but jeez..... through and throughs?..