Old 24 January 2012, 21:51   #41
SPR

Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
quote from 123-reg panel:

If you wish to change the actual registrant name for this domain, you will need to contact Nominet direct and fill in an electronic form. Click here to find out more.
Old 25 January 2012, 14:16   #42

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Now I've done as advised. So it's legally mine now.

Another box ticked. Getting there

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 25 January 2012, 19:19   #43

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
Just building a full on website, with the worlds biggest (not quite!) on line parts shop. Its taken so so long to do. Watch this space, Ribnet members can sign on with there user name and get automatic discount on all parts. It was expensive but i have saved a bit of money by learning html stuff and i have uploaded all the parts myself. Worth having a look at doing those bits yourself. Its pretty easy, but just really time consuming.
Old 26 January 2012, 07:02   #44

Town: Cowichan Bay
Boat name: Neptune
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Engine: twin140 suzi 4stroke
If you are planning to try and design a site yourself, I would suggest looking at wordpress or Drupal for a cms. Wordpress is extremely user friendly and has many options as far as online sales goes. Drupal is a little harder to use but offers the same functionality of wordpress.

There are many free themes for worddpress, you are also able to buy themes or templates for relatively cheap $30 - $100. With the themes you are able to change layout, colours etc etc. and build your site page by page. The basic framework is already built for you. As far as hosting goes there are many options a lot come with a one click install to set up hosting for wordpress.

The wordpress cms is free so you will just need to pay for hosting. I built this site with Drupal - www.oceanecoventures.com/ but I am currently using wordpress to build 2 other sites.

The functionality of wordpress is great and it gives you full control over your site. If you design it yourself you will never have to wait for a designer to make changes for you. In the long run you will also save money and it's not that bad a learning curve.

Here is a link to wordpress - WordPress › Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS

There are many sites selling themes here are a few -

Themes | WooThemes
WordPress | ThemeForest
StudioPress - Premium WordPress Themes
Old 16 November 2012, 21:14   #45

Town: Plymouth
Update and help needed!

So the sites still not live. I put the domain with a RIBNET member back in January for design in return for some electronics. slow progress partly due to my delays in getting the info needed and Graham's workload and family commitments.

Since I supplied the equipment a in July I've not heard much. We had almost got a site live but with progress slow I offered to get some help to Graham via another developer, since doing that I've heard nothing from him! He's refused all communication.

The problem I have now is nobody else can progress the site using my domain until he releases it (however that works?), which I'm struggling to get him to do as he won't respond to me. Can anybody advise what I can do ?

Or do they have a contact number for Graham Cree (RIBNET ID creeg) ? I think I've got his work details but I'm not going down that road.

I'm not saying its his fault, there could even be a reason he's not responded. I just think 10 months is long enough, especially as I've already supplied the equipment in order or him to use it for his summer holiday back in June/July.

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 16 November 2012, 21:17   #46

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Give me a call Peter - now is ok or tomorrow sometime - 07894529535
Old 16 November 2012, 21:22   #47

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado