Old 01 September 2008, 15:02   #21

Town: Cowes
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Opti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
Yep it's good for disolving charlie!

Not as good a flame thrower as it used to be, they switched the propellant to CO2.
Aaaah, that explains a lot. I was sure it wasn't as good a 'fly swat' and bbq lighter as it used to be!
Old 01 September 2008, 15:10   #22

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Aaaah, that explains a lot. I was sure it wasn't as good a 'fly swat' and bbq lighter as it used to be!
Maybe i'll have to carry some Brute 33 instead then .. but people will ask questions
Old 03 September 2008, 21:04   #23

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
Yep it's good for disolving charlie!

Not as good a flame thrower as it used to be, they switched the propellant to CO2.
Scumbags - I used to have great fun when it was Butane - what a mixture with atomised oil mixed in!!!

I used to make some great exploding bottles - a brittle plastic 2L water bottle - full strength WD40 and make sure loads of air goes in with it. Put the top on - then make a pen sized hole in the side. The blast was incredible. Gave up after a while as once I went totally deaf for about 1/2 an hour - that scared me - didn't help I was indoors at the time!!!
Old 03 September 2008, 22:12   #24

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Scumbags - I used to have great fun when it was Butane - what a mixture with atomised oil mixed in!!!

I used to make some great exploding bottles - a brittle plastic 2L water bottle - full strength WD40 and make sure loads of air goes in with it. Put the top on - then make a pen sized hole in the side. The blast was incredible. Gave up after a while as once I went totally deaf for about 1/2 an hour - that scared me - didn't help I was indoors at the time!!!
I always found acetylene better for a scare factor 50/50 mix with air , and the bang factor was immense, plus it was surprisingly volatile, so much so that after mixing a 250ml bottle, and stabbing a flash hole in it with an awl ,. it went off in me hands once , setting fire to me jersey Ahh those were the days .. the exuberence of youth
Old 04 September 2008, 02:35   #25

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
I always found acetylene better for a scare factor 50/50 mix with air , and the bang factor was immense, plus it was surprisingly volatile, so much so that after mixing a 250ml bottle, and stabbing a flash hole in it with an awl ,. it went off in me hands once , setting fire to me jersey Ahh those were the days .. the exuberence of youth
Yup I still have fond memories of my indoor fireworks display - how was I to know that a Roman candle actually ejected something that whizzed around the kitchen and set the curtains on fire - my poor mother wasn't too happy............