Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 September 2008, 11:02   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Opti
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
Yep it's good for disolving charlie!

Not as good a flame thrower as it used to be, they switched the propellant to CO2.
Aaaah, that explains a lot. I was sure it wasn't as good a 'fly swat' and bbq lighter as it used to be!
__________________

__________________
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2008, 11:10   #22
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Aaaah, that explains a lot. I was sure it wasn't as good a 'fly swat' and bbq lighter as it used to be!
Maybe i'll have to carry some Brute 33 instead then .. but people will ask questions
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2008, 17:04   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
Yep it's good for disolving charlie!

Not as good a flame thrower as it used to be, they switched the propellant to CO2.
Scumbags - I used to have great fun when it was Butane - what a mixture with atomised oil mixed in!!!

I used to make some great exploding bottles - a brittle plastic 2L water bottle - full strength WD40 and make sure loads of air goes in with it. Put the top on - then make a pen sized hole in the side. The blast was incredible. Gave up after a while as once I went totally deaf for about 1/2 an hour - that scared me - didn't help I was indoors at the time!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2008, 18:12   #24
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Scumbags - I used to have great fun when it was Butane - what a mixture with atomised oil mixed in!!!

I used to make some great exploding bottles - a brittle plastic 2L water bottle - full strength WD40 and make sure loads of air goes in with it. Put the top on - then make a pen sized hole in the side. The blast was incredible. Gave up after a while as once I went totally deaf for about 1/2 an hour - that scared me - didn't help I was indoors at the time!!!
I always found acetylene better for a scare factor 50/50 mix with air , and the bang factor was immense, plus it was surprisingly volatile, so much so that after mixing a 250ml bottle, and stabbing a flash hole in it with an awl ,. it went off in me hands once , setting fire to me jersey Ahh those were the days .. the exuberence of youth
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2008, 22:35   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
I always found acetylene better for a scare factor 50/50 mix with air , and the bang factor was immense, plus it was surprisingly volatile, so much so that after mixing a 250ml bottle, and stabbing a flash hole in it with an awl ,. it went off in me hands once , setting fire to me jersey Ahh those were the days .. the exuberence of youth
Yup I still have fond memories of my indoor fireworks display - how was I to know that a Roman candle actually ejected something that whizzed around the kitchen and set the curtains on fire - my poor mother wasn't too happy............
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.