Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 August 2005, 06:39   #31
Member
 
Simon B's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,621
I'll set date for mine

Chaps,

Lets be more gentlemanly here, despite the ribald comments Codders still hangs in here and you've got to admit its jolly good sport. Got some good pictures from South Sheilds this weekend will post them on tuesday when developed etc.
__________________

__________________
New boat is here, very happy!
Simon
www.luec.org
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2005, 15:02   #32
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bradford on Avon
Boat name: tbc
Make: Sunseeker (AshleyD)
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x coal burners
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
It is sod all to do with me - out of my hands

As to when it will be ready I was HOPING repeat HOPING for the middle of August - obviously it is not to be - I would rather my boat be built PROPERLY than have it rushed at the very end - I have waited this long - a little longer won't hurt - althought it is really frustrating!!!

Realistically speaking I am hoping for mid september at the latest - or else!!!

Codprawn,

Thank you for your reply. I am now even more intrigued than I was before.

Are you able to tell us what has caused all the delays? From what you have said, it seems to that you have been let down by one (or more) of the manufacturers or component suppliers. If this is the case should you not tell the full story on this forum, to prevent other potential customers being treated in the same way?

By the way in case you are wondering, I ask these questions with genuine interest.

Regards.

Ian.
__________________

__________________
Brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2005, 16:32   #33
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambles
Codprawn,

Thank you for your reply. I am now even more intrigued than I was before.

Are you able to tell us what has caused all the delays? From what you have said, it seems to that you have been let down by one (or more) of the manufacturers or component suppliers. If this is the case should you not tell the full story on this forum, to prevent other potential customers being treated in the same way?

By the way in case you are wondering, I ask these questions with genuine interest.

Regards.

Ian.

If you were to read my posts in the past you would know what the problems were!!!

The main culprit has been circumstances!!!

Providing my boat is as I hope it will be then nobody will get any blame - in fact I will sing their praises from the rooftops - if not - look out........
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 13:28   #34
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
"The main culprit has been circumstances!!!"


Ahhhh, pecuniary strangulation perhaps?

I know the feeling well....
__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 14:41   #35
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bradford on Avon
Boat name: tbc
Make: Sunseeker (AshleyD)
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x coal burners
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
If you were to read my posts in the past you would know what the problems were!!!

The main culprit has been circumstances!!!

Providing my boat is as I hope it will be then nobody will get any blame - in fact I will sing their praises from the rooftops - if not - look out........
Well, I canít remember seeing any detailed explanation for the delay in previous posts, but I have to confess that I probably havenít read them all.

Like I said before, I asked the question with genuine interest and I am still none the wiser but good luck anyway.
__________________
I miss the sound of an Etec in the morning
Brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 17:32   #36
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambles
Well, I canít remember seeing any detailed explanation for the delay in previous posts, but I have to confess that I probably havenít read them all.

Like I said before, I asked the question with genuine interest and I am still none the wiser but good luck anyway.
Maybe you mean well but I have had more than enough of some of the comments on here - so much so I really don't think I can be arsed with all this crap anymore - I came here to LEARN about RIBs and when I finally take delivery I intend to try to enjoy my boat.

I was planning on posting pics etc but all I will get now is - "You waited so long for that" etc etc.

I have basically been called a liar and life is just too short for this kind of shit!!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 18:53   #37
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bradford on Avon
Boat name: tbc
Make: Sunseeker (AshleyD)
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x coal burners
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Maybe you mean well but I have had more than enough of some of the comments on here - so much so I really don't think I can be arsed with all this crap anymore - I came here to LEARN about RIBs and when I finally take delivery I intend to try to enjoy my boat.

I was planning on posting pics etc but all I will get now is - "You waited so long for that" etc etc.

I have basically been called a liar and life is just too short for this kind of shit!!!!

Fair enough, but please donít throw all of your toys out of the pram at me. All I have tried to do is give you the opportunity to set the record straight, yet you continue to talk in riddles.

If you really have had enough of the comments on here why donít you just tell the whole story?
__________________
I miss the sound of an Etec in the morning
Brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 22:56   #38
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambles
Fair enough, but please donít throw all of your toys out of the pram at me. All I have tried to do is give you the opportunity to set the record straight, yet you continue to talk in riddles.

If you really have had enough of the comments on here why donít you just tell the whole story?
I was NOT having a go at you - as I pointed out at the START of the post!!!!
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.