Originally Posted by Hightower
When you say Systems Engineer I assume you mean programming or something? Can you expand on your skills and experience?
More taking an idea/concept or a customer's need and developing it into a design, integrating it, testing it, etc.,.
Over the years I've been:
- A problem-solver / avionics development engineer for a fleet of aircraft that became a large UK airline
- A flight-recorder / datalink specialist
- Specified air traffic control systems
- Worked for a large manufacturer of large aircraft
- Developed / verified avionic systems
- Been requirements manager for a defence contract
- Worked in concept development / innovation within aerospace
(Lots of this has involved programming though)
Originally Posted by SteveHAll
Is this the Systems Engineer rescue page, I am in the same position.
Shhhhh, Steve! This is the first time I have 'come out'. I tell my kids that I screw the caps on tubes of toothpaste for a living; I advise my wife to tell people that I am in prison for molesting old ladies (its less embarrassing that way!)