Old 29 August 2011, 12:26   #11
Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Red May
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp Honda 4 Stroke
MMSI: Is quite long
Send a message via Skype™ to actions
Its not been the best summer by any means down in Kent and having been off the last two days, havent been able to go out due to high winds.

I think it was about April / May time we had 3 to 4 weeks of brilliant sunshine daily and it was hot, very hot. We were out ribbing in shorts and T-shirts and were still warm. However since then whenever we have been out its been either a jacket or jumper weather as the heat has just not been there.

Most of the boating days this year have been cloudy and cold. To the point the other day we both wore dry suits and didnt get that hot.

I'm hoping September will be good, but i do tend to use my boat right up until it gets stupidly cold around December time, then put it to bed for 3 or 4 months.

In terms of fuel, then i think this will have had an impact and i see many boaters simply launching their craft, shooting out for ten minutes then sit on the beach. Seems a little stupid to me, but each to their own.

For me although i have noticed its cost more in fuel i did also change to a larger rib and engine so i kind of expected my costs to increase. I certainly wouldnt go above my 40 now due to the running costs, although i'd love the extra ooommpphhh.

Fingers crossed for September.

actions is offline   Reply With Quote