Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Yes he would!! My Ar..e would be in his way

More heavy wind on its way codders. I guess no boating on SUnday.

Just had a few 70-80 MPH squalls with hail pass these windows...
Yup same here - with constant drizzle - get soaked just walking from front door to the car!!!
Old 20 January 2007, 08:40   #22
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Bet he wouldn't have minded if she'd looked like Anna Kournikova!!!
A somewhat stupid statement... ...just because someone is attractive (or fulfils some stereotypical notion of attractiveness) doesn't mean that you would want the sort of attention/behaviour from them referred to in this story.

Your comment belittles the fact that Jan (who I don't know) has had to endure stalking, unfounded allegations of rape, etc and his former partner death threats and an attempt to kill both(?) of them on his boat. Their lives and relationship appears to have turned upside down by this nutter - and I don't think it is appropriate to be making smart arse comments about it.
Old 20 January 2007, 08:53   #23

Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Bet he wouldn't have minded if she'd looked like Anna Kournikova!!!

Just another illustration of your yobbish and immature attitude. Although your postings make this forum busy they add very little. I for one avoid any thread started by you as your views are so polarized from mine they achieve nothing other than an increase in my blood pressure.

Imagine being falsely accused of rape and the damage that would do to your life and the lives of those you love, would it be made easier because she was blonde and slim?
Old 20 January 2007, 13:17   #24

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I am very sorry - I realise now that jokes are no longer allowed - bah humbug!!!
Old 20 January 2007, 14:00   #25

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcamel View Post
Just another illustration of your yobbish and immature attitude. Although your postings make this forum busy they add very little. I for one avoid any thread started by you as your views are so polarized from mine they achieve nothing other than an increase in my blood pressure.

Imagine being falsely accused of rape and the damage that would do to your life and the lives of those you love, would it be made easier because she was blonde and slim?

Codders, I am with you on this one.
No one I know threw a stone at this poor person and of course it is terrible to be wronged of any nature.
Get over it is what I say. when all is said and done it is interfering people who add to the pressure of the wrongly accused.

Codders you did not throw a stone to my knowledge and some times we just have to laugh about things or else we would self destruct from pressures.

So to the above and Polwart, i suggest that you both develop a sense of humour and lighten up a tad.
Codders, Anna Kournakova is not that awesome close up, not bad mind you, not bad, but if you let me think about it I am sure we can do better.

I am sure I will be assasinated by the Royal and Ancient on this stance but what the hell! Let it Rip, to quote the awsome Jean luc Picard,.... Number 1, Engage!
Old 20 January 2007, 14:11   #26

Town: Coventry
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 115 4stroke
Quote:
Yes he would!! My Ar..e would be in his way

I think you mean an arsehole would be in his way !!
It's no fun being falsely accused of anything , least of all rape.

Rob C
Old 20 January 2007, 14:17   #27

I wouldnt know...
So Get over it..

But thanks for the thought......

Ok Let the Turkey Shoot continue,

In my books, the worst thing is to be forgotten. look at Jeffery Archer,
A Solid Bloke who was miss understood (probably the wrong party also), what can I say, ye put him in Jail for telling a fib and meanwhile we are all looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,
Old 20 January 2007, 14:31   #28

Town: Coventry
Make: Ribeye
Engine: Yamaha 115 4stroke
Quote:
But thanks for the thought.....
Anytime! but i'm sure i,m not the first.

Quote:
In my books, the worst thing is to be forgotten. look at Jeffery Archer,
A Solid Bloke who was miss understood (probably the wrong party also), what can I say, ye put him in Jail for telling a fib and meanwhile we are all looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,
Old 20 January 2007, 14:32   #29

Boat name: Mr Blue Sky
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: E-Tec 90
A satisfactory outcome in the end but Dr Falkowski is very lucky it wasn't worse; he came within a whisker of being on trial himself if it hadn't been for the diligence of his legal team.

Despite the fact that Marchese had a history of stalking and that he and his fiancee had been subjected to a vicious and hateful campaign for years (which the police had been unable/unwilling to do anything about) the police/CPS chose to believe the evil bitch and prosecute him. So, having already lost his fiancee and his career, he faced losing his liberty as well - a state of affairs that hung over him for 18 months. As the rape never happened the only "evidence" against him was the DNA sample and her word; both should have been investigated properly.

Also, as Dr Falkowski said : "The victims of rape are rightly given anonymity but I strongly feel this should also be extended to the accused until trial. In my case, this gave Marchese the freedom to make a false allegation, then systematically use this to destroy my reputation by approaching the press, my employers and organisations to do as much damage as possible."
Old 20 January 2007, 15:48   #30

Hi Robox, glad to see you are getting over it, nothing personal and whilst I may agree with you or at least being wronged, there is no need to attack Codders by the other two.

The Canadians have the best justice system where the Press are Gagged until the trial.
We have our own fair share of Idiots here where they think that because the "Mob" are looking for a Lynch Party the Atourney General or Politicians push for more or less time or punishment.

The very essence of Politics is to say much and do little and never stick your colours to a mast. They disgust me most of the time because they know the whimsical nature of the people, the life of Brian captured it as indeed Shakespear in Coriolanus, and they rely on that very weakness.

As I said in pevious reply, we were all facing immenant death by avian flu until the world cup and Rooney`s ankle saved the day. No more about Avian flu, it just went away. I digress. Rooney, alot of bloody use he was.
Anyway Robox, glad to see we spirited you out of the closet!
Oh and indeed I bear you no malice and i have been called much worse, thank you. Good to see you awake and on board dude!!!
By the way, an Asshole is at least useful, its the sphincter thats in command tho!
Old 20 January 2007, 16:00   #31

You gotta be Kidding me

Ok Guys, I dont read Tabloids or other stupid papers,
I hardly get to read our own and was recentll corrected when talking to Star Photographer giving him a rip about page 3, he told me that they hadnt done page 3 grils for 12 years. Bring Back Linda Lusardi, I wonder where she is now.

So I have just looked at what you are on about, there is no Judge in this country that would do him for rape of her.... Yu gottabe kidding me, the term"not for love nor money "comes to mind.

the idea even is mental GBH Yuch!