Old 28 November 2007, 08:03   #1

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
Taxi

This is the Dart harbour and navigation authority's new taxi... launched mid summer, built in Ireland.
I invite people to pin a price on this new vessel please, it is about 18 ft long and has a small diesel engine on a shaft drive.
Old 28 November 2007, 08:19   #2

pics

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image015.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	31512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image010.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	31513  
Old 28 November 2007, 08:23   #3

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX

Old 28 November 2007, 08:46   #4

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
toobs look a bit small.
Old 28 November 2007, 10:37   #5

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
55K ?, but thats not a problem because the harbour board will no doubt recoup the cost by putting up the harbour fees

Pete
Old 28 November 2007, 10:53   #6

Not far off.... 47k for this and you're right, the harbour mooring fees will rise 10% each year for the next three years as a result of this farce and others which i won't go in to..... a truly fully affiliated bunch of twats.
This is a subject very close to my heart and has seriously pissed me off as you can see.
Rant over. Thankyou.
Old 28 November 2007, 11:09   #7

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
I was planning on leaving my RIB on a visitors berth next year whilst I'm in Dartmouth, rather than launch and recover it each day. The current cost of the berth and additional cost of barge fuel opposed to Forecourt fuel was just about worth it.
If the cost of the visitors berth goes up I'll have to change my mind.

Nasher.
Old 28 November 2007, 11:13   #8

Boat name: Ribell
Length: no boat
Thats allot! Does look like they spent way more than they needed to.

What should a boat like that cost and did they need to replace the old one?

Tim
Old 28 November 2007, 11:50   #9

Dart harbour runs two taxis, one of them is a GRP Plymouth Pilot with a forward cuddy which provides shelter for helmsman and passengers, this new one replaced an old clinker launch type taxi, whilst i kind of agree that the clinker launch may have become expensive to maintain i think £47,000 would go a long way towards maintaining it for many years to come, one of my friends used to work for the DHNA until he saw the light and commented that this boat handles like a jellyfish on acid and is not too fond of going astern either and so has been involved in a few rammings.
DHNA is a non-profit making organisation and leases the river from the Duchy of Cornwall (yes, the horse loving big ears himself), i live on a boat on the river with my partner, there are quite a few people who live on the river too for various reasons, one of mine being that i can't afford to buy a property in the town, i, along with other river users are incensed by the incompetence of these people and made our views clear at the last AGM, sorry, more ranting but it makes me mad!!
The river Dart is a fantastic place and i have been here for over 16 years now, it seems that the DHNA are trying their very hardest to replace this working river with there bureacratic crap and holiday home owners who leave there boats dormant for 50 weeks of the year.
Welll done DHNA.
Old 28 November 2007, 15:15   #10
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff View Post
Dart harbour runs two taxis, one of them is a GRP Plymouth Pilot with a forward cuddy which provides shelter for helmsman and passengers, this new one replaced an old clinker launch type taxi, whilst i kind of agree that the clinker launch may have become expensive to maintain i think £47,000 would go a long way towards maintaining it for many years to come, one of my friends used to work for the DHNA until he saw the light and commented that this boat handles like a jellyfish on acid and is not too fond of going astern either and so has been involved in a few rammings.
DHNA is a non-profit making organisation and leases the river from the Duchy of Cornwall (yes, the horse loving big ears himself), i live on a boat on the river with my partner, there are quite a few people who live on the river too for various reasons, one of mine being that i can't afford to buy a property in the town, i, along with other river users are incensed by the incompetence of these people and made our views clear at the last AGM, sorry, more ranting but it makes me mad!!
The river Dart is a fantastic place and i have been here for over 16 years now, it seems that the DHNA are trying their very hardest to replace this working river with there bureacratic crap and holiday home owners who leave there boats dormant for 50 weeks of the year.
Welll done DHNA.
I assume you applied to be on the board: http://www.dartharbour.org/vacancies/
Old 28 November 2007, 16:18   #11

No I did'nt, but someone who i believe can make a valuable contribution and voice the concerns of people who wish to see the harbour thrive instead of becoming a millionaires playground for the summer months and drive everyone else out has.