Length: 6m +
Engine: mariner 125hp
I have a small solar panel £15 from maplin keeps my battery sorted all winter
Old 03 October 2014, 22:12   #42

Town: liverpool
Make: tohatsu6.1 one desig
Engine: mariner 125hp
I also bought a tarp from a army surplus place in Denby. Think it was about £100 but it was about 9mts square and takes two people to lift . cut mine in half and still easily covers the rib. I know someone who has had one for 8 years and still as good as new . Only good for the winter as it's to heavy to take on and off every weekend.
Old 04 October 2014, 04:36   #43

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Nice one Steve Phil + Jan are a lovely couple also they have static vans on the farm and also the barn which they rent out and their prices are very reasonable . Phil will also give you a lift into Caernarfon if you are going out for a few jars for the price of a pint or two cos it's a good excuse for him to get away from the farm. We are truly spoilt with Chris the slip and Phil + Jan being there
Must admit that simple launch has me hooked for sure,, Chris, can not do enough for any one,,,,,
Don't know the farm in question but heard there as helpful, as for cruising. Not seen better my self , good trek for me but well worth it,
Old 04 October 2014, 04:39   #44

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Start with a dry boat Open all the hatches Take the batteries out (top up, charge and store inside) What Jambo said about wells/pumps Use a QUALITY fitted cover - flappy fabric will abrade hypalon Make sure the cover is ventilated at a high point Leave the drain socks down and held open with something Leave the engine trimmed down so all water drains out of the leg - do this BEFORE you take the battery out Ensure that the deck is bow up - so it drains out the socks. I've seen sooooo many swimming pool boats You'll have to address security issues - I'd talk to the insurance company.
Excellent advice. Is that,,,,

Also seen many boats full of water due to lack of thought on storage,,
towed a humber from looe once,, took bung out at home feck me the hull was to the brim,, thought it was heavy lol Ventilation is defo the key , open every thing if you can and put broom handle in the sock so it stays open
Old 07 October 2014, 20:33   #45

Town: Lancs
Boat name: Beretta
Make: Ballistic
Engine: 175hp e-tec
MMSI: 235035778
RIBase
Typical - Moved Beretta to an outside storage location last weekend and now the weather has been crap since, and ive just had this notification through....

Risk of further torrential downpours and thunderstorms tomorrow.
We see a continued risk of storms and torrential downpours developing across many areas tomorrow. The areas at greatest risk are Wales, West Midlands, North West England, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. The torrential downpours will reach North Yorkshire and Northern parts of England later tomorrow afternoon.
https://www.facebook.com/rib.beretta/
SteveHall is offline   Reply With Quote