Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 January 2006, 16:52   #21
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Hayle, Kernow
Boat name: Spare RIB
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Yam Outboard
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 642
Hi Cookee
Would be great to see you there Cookee, and love to see da boat in action, Roys a local boy and should be able to give you a few B&B etc ideas.

Shaggy
__________________

__________________
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2006, 17:49   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
Hi Cookee
Would be great to see you there Cookee, and love to see da boat in action, Roys a local boy and should be able to give you a few B&B etc ideas.

Shaggy
err - being local an all - dont have much use for b&bs - ill ask around

would offer to put you up myself but my DIY garage conversion project is kind of not finished (hardly started actually) so no room.

there is absolutely tons of accomodation in newquay and most will be empty this kind of year so you will have no trouble finding somewhere.
__________________

roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2006, 08:27   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
If someone can recommend a good but not (too) expensive hostlery near the eatery I might be able to make it - might even bring the boat up as well if anyone would like a ride? Obviously weather dependant!
What sort of accommodation are you looking for.
There's everything from surf lodges with communal shared bunk accommodation at around 15 a night right up to the headland hotel which is 4 star and has the most amazing view of fistral beach for between 80 - 200 depending on room type.

Obviously there are hundreds of other places in between these as its pretty much all Newquay does (be a holiday destination)

try

http://www.newquayaccommodation.com/
http://www.newquay-hotels.co.uk/
http://www.newquay.co.uk/
http://www.newquay.org.uk/Accomodati...rchhotels.html
http://www.newquaynet.com/
http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/acc-newquay.htm

or

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=newquay+accomodation

There is also a travel inn at 50 per room which is just up the road from my house (about 8 miles out of town) but I will be getting a taxi back there in the small hours anyway.

Whatever you do - let me know by the end of the week as i have to confirm numbers by then with the mexican restaurant.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2006, 09:19   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
OK I need to confirm numbers by the end of the week for the mexican restaurant.

So far I have

The A Team (Definitely Coming)
=========================
Roy (roycruse) + 6 (my 2 kids + my Scillies trip crew and their wives)
Bob (randski) and Sue
Jeff (kernow) and Fran
Chris (mullulnan) and Esther
Greg (shaggy) and Makayla


The Reserves (Not Confirmed Yet)
=========================
John (cookee) + any others ???

The No Shows (not contacted me yet)
=============================
Alex (gingercoastie) + family ???
All the other South West RIB owners ???



Alex can you make it to this meal - what about heidi and the kids ???

And as for all you other south west RIBnetters - we will find you out on the water in the summer anyway - you may as well show your selves now !!!
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2006, 13:16   #25
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
OK I'll ask the gang tomorrow and get definite numbers by the end of the week - thanks for the wealth of information - you're a star!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 February 2006, 12:31   #26
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Put us down for 2 - Kitten and I will be coming - I take it there will be someone around on Saturday afternoon and Sunday for a run out in the boat if we bring it?

Only been there twice, and one of those was for an OCR race which was abandoned due to big waves (not the UKs surf capital for nothing!) so we went to the pedalo lake and had a race in full race gear - helmets and all for the benefit of the TV, the other time was - shall we say - not boating related!

Will need to know the best place to chuck it in as well as any harbour dues etc to pay - looking forward to it!

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 February 2006, 19:47   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Put us down for 2 - Kitten and I will be coming - I take it there will be someone around on Saturday afternoon and Sunday for a run out in the boat if we bring it?

Only been there twice, and one of those was for an OCR race which was abandoned due to big waves (not the UKs surf capital for nothing!) so we went to the pedalo lake and had a race in full race gear - helmets and all for the benefit of the TV, the other time was - shall we say - not boating related!

Will need to know the best place to chuck it in as well as any harbour dues etc to pay - looking forward to it!

There is actually not much in the way of launching facilities on the north coast at all - bloody pain in the arse !!!

I always tow down to mylor near falmouth wich is about 25 miles away on the south coast - and i will definately be out and about that weekend if the temperature is above 10deg C and its not pouring down.

During the summer mylor is an excelent place to base your activities from with marina fuel on site chandlery plenty of parking etc...

During the winter however the parking goes to shit as all the boats normally in the sea are jammed into every available space.

If you bring the boat down - do you have somewhere to store it ?
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 February 2006, 19:51   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
17 so far - I think that's a new record...

just waiting for the stranglers and ill confirm the booking on Monday.

please if any of the 17 who said they are coming now find they cant let me know asap.

and for any of you who can come who haven't spoken up - WHY NOT !!!

The food is fantastic at "Senior Dicks" even before you have downed a jug or two of margarita
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2006, 05:09   #29
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
There is actually not much in the way of launching facilities on the north coast at all - bloody pain in the arse !!!

I always tow down to mylor near falmouth wich is about 25 miles away on the south coast - and i will definately be out and about that weekend if the temperature is above 10deg C and its not pouring down.

During the summer mylor is an excelent place to base your activities from with marina fuel on site chandlery plenty of parking etc...

During the winter however the parking goes to shit as all the boats normally in the sea are jammed into every available space.

If you bring the boat down - do you have somewhere to store it ?


Having read the above it sounds like a bit of a mission to get the boat in the water! The hotel have agreed to store it overnight for us - if enough people want to go out in it, we could launch it somewhere on Saturday or Sunday and go for a jolly, just need to agree a time and a place! By the way the new upholstery has arrived - looking good!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2006, 16:20   #30
Member
 
randski's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 421
Roy, where the hell is 'Seen your dick's'?
Cookee, Would love the opportunity of a blast out on your RIB. We'll be about on Sunday.
__________________

__________________
Bob
randski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.