Old 28 March 2006, 20:37   #21

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Would be nice - unfortunately they where all over the app - testing it to death for the entire project. And we wernt involved in the complete end to end solution - just the mobile part of it.

Whilst - if I was so inclined - I could force a job to install the boxes in your house - it would not bypass the billing system.

My reason for the "they are tight as hell" comments earlier - is that after sweating blood for them for 6 months getting their project completed - they offered us no kind of free offers or even good deals on any of their products.

They only do slight discounts for their staff - you would have thought all the staff got their sky for free.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2006, 21:23   #22

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
When I phoned them today I got a message saying there computer system was being upgraded and apologised in advance for any delay, I thought here we go! Then a message said that due to high call traffic I would be held in a cue....Here we go I said to myself once again.

Then within seconds a Female voice......Can I help you Sir! Bloody amazing I thought, I told her the problem and she says that because of the computer updates its my lucky day ......She's gonna send an Engineer around my house for free ......Do they normally charge then?

So he's/she's comming next Tuesday, I'll let you know what happens.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2006, 08:02   #23

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
When I phoned them today I got a message saying there computer system was being upgraded and apologised in advance for any delay, I thought here we go! Then a message said that due to high call traffic I would be held in a cue....Here we go I said to myself once again.

Then within seconds a Female voice......Can I help you Sir! Bloody amazing I thought, I told her the problem and she says that because of the computer updates its my lucky day ......She's gonna send an Engineer around my house for free ......Do they normally charge then?

So he's/she's comming next Tuesday, I'll let you know what happens.

Result
Old 12 April 2006, 15:43   #24

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Just an update.

Sky man came one week ago and offered no help what so ever, however when I phoned Sky and explained the problem about this particular installation engineer I got an apology and an offer of another engineer to visit. He came today and replaced the Box, gave me his Mobile number and said he'd come round double quick if I had any other problem.

Yes a Result

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2006, 17:23   #25

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Whats it like inside a cue Andy sorry I couldn'y resist hehe ( Just hope codders doesn't see this, he'll start a whole new thread on it !!)