Old 04 March 2011, 21:42   #1

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
RibNet Awards - late entry

Having seen the video of the "stuffs" in the Solent, I thought I would share our stuff during the summer 2010.

If there is a prize for best stuff caught on camera, maybe a contender?

I was trying out a new GoPro rear facing camera, to capture the customers. It was a little lumpy, but they were up for a good ride and were fully briefed and prepared. The guy at the front was having a ball. Unfortunately, the camera fogged a little on the return leg and had dropped.

We had just rounded Old Harry and thought the worst was over and as you can see, so did the guy at the front who relaxes his grip and adjusts his clothing and then Bam, it stuffs. I do not recall seeing any waves and cannot see any on the video, so still dont know how it happened. Anyway kept the power on to lift the bow and get the water to the back and out the trunks. At one point the water was above my knees, but the boat was empty in about 30secs. On returning to the Quay, the customers were laughing and asking if they could do it again!

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">