Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 February 2011, 10:55   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Ribbing Shades Bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-uvex-sky-b...item2560f7024b

This listing belongs to a pal of mine. These Uvex glasses are awesome for ribbing, I have a pair. Great optics, good wind stoppage, comfortable and good looking. On the boat, they're way ahead of my Oakley Hijinx.
At this money you'll be nicking them.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 12:06   #2
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
comfortable and good looking. On the boat, they're way ahead of my Oakley Hijinx.
Quiet a fashion claim from a bloke that wore a carpet from Reading to Cornwall
__________________

__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 13:57   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Quiet a fashion claim from a bloke that wore a carpet from Reading to Cornwall
Look 'ere you tosser! I'll 'ave you knaw, I only wore the carpet around the Reading locality and not back to Cornwall.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 14:15   #4
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Look 'ere you tosser! I'll 'ave you knaw, I only wore the carpet around the Reading locality and not back to Cornwall.
Oh, didn't realise, that's ok then
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 14:58   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Oh, didn't realise, that's ok then
So, are you having a pair of these glasses when you come down to pick up your tranny plate? Or, is 6 quid considerably more than you usually spend on a pair of sunglasses?
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 15:15   #6
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
So, are you having a pair of these glasses when you come down to pick up your tranny plate? Or, is 6 quid considerably more than you usually spend on a pair of sunglasses?
ectually I was going to make a puchase but refrained,
'cause me missus bought me sum Dirty Dogs (http://www.i-sunglasses.com/Dirty+Do...ad8f2a9565091e) fer Chrissie pressie

Tranny plate is all done and back on the boat
Being a god of rugby I realised that England would probably win ugly against Italy in a really poor low scoring game, and that the Scotland V Wales match was the game of the tournament.

So I drove to Penryn and back Saturday afternoon
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 15:39   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
....that the Scotland V Wales match was the game of the tournament.
Did you? I gave-up on it halfway through the 2nd half. I thought the sweaties were so poor and error strewn, It was painful to watch. England aside, the other 5 nations are looking pretty poor this season, including France IMV.

Unless France improve massively for the England game, they're gonna get hammered. Of course, they could click and play a blinder.
However, I've noticed over the years, that facing England can have an odd effect on the Frogs, they can get past the ABs one week and fall to bits at thought of fronting up to Le Rosbif the next. The ABs have a similar effect on us.

Tranny plate ok?
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 15:45   #8
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Did you? I gave-up on it halfway through the 2nd half. I thought the sweaties were so poor and error strewn, It was painful to watch. England aside, the other 5 nations are looking pretty poor this season, including France IMV.
Unless France improve massively for the England game, they're gonna get hammered. Of course, they could click and play a blinder.
However, I've noticed over the years that facing England can have an odd effect on the Frog psyche, they can get past the ABs one week and fall to bits at thought of fronting up to Le Rosbif the next. The ABs have a similar effect on us.

No, I knew in Advance that it was the game of the tournament, hence I missed the England game to go to penryn and managed to catch all the Scotland-Wales handbag parade


France? just show 'em a Brian Moore pic, he didn't so much get under their skin as make it peel off
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2011, 03:17   #9
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
I see the price has gone up now ............
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2011, 04:52   #10
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I see the price has gone up now ............
That'll be the Cheryl Mollers Cole effect
__________________

__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.