Closed Thread

Old 19 February 2003, 14:35   #1

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Remember him....?

I was just trolling through the MBY site looking for some info and stumbled across this posting from a certain individual who was known as Flanker and is now Grumpy1. Crikey, he is making a few enemies over there.
Quote:
I am awaiting authorisation and instructions from Kimmie re a name change.

I only became Grumpy after my experience on Ribnet ! I will not knock them because I am above that , but since my Rib purchase fell through and my wife forced me towards a Cuddy boat, for the sake of our 14mth old daughter, they seem to have got the hump. Don't get me wrong I have made some good friends on there, and still keep in touch. BUT it is a bit like a WRVS morning coffee lot, with their kids and great grandparents there all chipping in, talking about the same old nonsense, that drives you mad and makes you Grumpy. I could say more but as I said I am above all that. Anyway at least you lot have a sense of humour and a life on here, Well done and keep it up
And to think it was all of us who were wrong about him, hah!
Old 19 February 2003, 20:23   #2
DM
RIBnet supporter

Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90
WRVS

I never miss a WRVS coffee morning in my never ending search for a rich widow. When/if I find one she'll buy me a Sunseeker so that I can sell my draughty old rib, get myself a life and migrate to MOBO, (my great grandad, Mr. Hart gave me the web address),where I can enjoy the humour instead of the nonsense on here. Don't get me wrong, I've made some good friends on here and learnt a lot from freely given advice, but that don't matter. I'm above all that.

David(what's this, sticking in my back)Manning
Old 20 February 2003, 07:54   #3
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Enough!

It may be tempting to declare open season, but I think it's better that we grit our teeth and rise above it.

Whilst David's message was a fairly gentle piss take, the post that followed (now deleted) was rather more personal and not the direction that I would like to see the forums go!

Hope you understand . . .

John