Old 11 November 2012, 15:38   #11
Dhf

Length: no boat
There be no early starts for you John, first boat 10am every half hr if busy, landing trips only though untill 12pm or 12.30 if really busy, and it gets very busy that time of year, I've landed upto 350 people a day during peak season when I was at the helm or crewing, so it's definatly worth arriving at Martins Haven around 9am for landing, or you could take the round trip at 13.00 but either way there's no booking neccesary you just pay onboard, max 50 passangers per trip. If I don't sell my boat I may reconsider hiring next year if I thought there'd be enough interest.
Here's a link for the passenger boat.

Skomer Boat Trips - Pembrokeshire Islands - Skomer, Stokholm, and Sheerwater Boat Trips

Old 12 November 2012, 02:06   #12
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Reading various reviews it seems that when it's busy you need to arrive at 7.30/8.00 to get a place on the 10.00 boat!

I remembered that you were thinking of putting your boat out for charter, and I might be interested in hiring from you another visit, but for this time I just want the landing trip.

Old 12 November 2012, 06:50   #13
Dhf

Length: no boat
If the weather is really nice then i've seen upto 100+ visitors queing when we arrived at 09.15, in which case we would do a 09.30 crossing every half hr till 12.30, wed and thursdays used to be the busiest with upto 150+ school and college studends usually not arriving till 10.30. If your staying in Pemb's then allow yourself enough time for the drive to Martins haven car park as the roads are very narrow in places. friend of mine runs a nice camp site just up the road from the car park, with a couple of caravans aswell but mainly for tents, with fantastic views over St Brides bay and N Skomer, the Dear park is a short stroll along the Coastal path overlooking Jack sound, Skomer, Skokholm and Grassholm, where you can watch Puffins Razobills Guilimots Chuff Perigrine Gannets Seals and possibly Dolphins, or you could stroll down to the local village and enjoy some of Wales finnest Ales and food at The Lobster Pot, Marloes, you can get BB and camping facilities in the village aswell. I can get some booking info numbers if you like.
Old 12 November 2012, 07:24   #14
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
OK, so the queuing doesn't sound too bad - we'll just turn up as early as we can! We'll be staying near Newport, which is an hour or so away so it shouldn't be too bad.

May take a trip on the Venture Jet out of St Davids too while we're in the area
Old 12 November 2012, 07:32   #15

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
We'll be staying near Newport
Now thats my neck of the woods..... Similarly, drop me a line if you've any queries about the area /things to do etc

Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote