Old 23 February 2009, 06:42   #11

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
It,s 200 years since the birth of Charles Darwin,it's not just animal species his law of 'natural selection' apllies too!this type of shoddy practice,which we all experiance from time to time will ultimately put these operations on the scrap heap,now,quicker than ever.I just hope we as a nation learn in these hard economic times, service realy does count!
I am not so sure it is that simple.

For many years marine goods have been steadily dropping in price, many businesses have geared up to attract customers based on price - because that is what the market demanded. We experienced long-standing customers buying electronics from unknown internet sellers for the sake of saving less that 1, only to come back to us because they had problems or questions that the "box shifters" could not deal with.

Old 23 February 2009, 08:53   #12

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
I think most people on here are relativley fortunate in that we can all in some way afford to have a RIB/ SIB/ boat of some kind etc, and most seem to quite willing to recognise the 'value' of decent service.

I dont mind paying a few quid more for a bit of decent service , but why would anyone pay more for not getting a service ? I think the market is changing .................service is becoming more important again .

I'd still always go to a place that gave me decent service, even if that service was a quick & polite response 'no' (ie they dont have or cant get what I want/ need).

People will will use the WEB as it can offer the same sort of 'non-service' as SOME local shops but at a cheaper price.

What value do people put on decent service ? personally I think its sometimes worth a fortune ! ( I went to buy a 300 bike on Sunday from Halfrauds - the service was so poor I just walked away - it would have taken them about 20 seconds to take my order - but no-one to be seen to speak to - I'm now buying online)

Old 23 February 2009, 10:50   #13
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
I think most people on here are relativley fortunate in that we can all in some way afford to have a RIB/ SIB/ boat of some kind etc, and most seem to quite willing to recognise the 'value' of decent service.

I dont mind paying a few quid more for a bit of decent service , but why would anyone pay more for not getting a service ? I think the market is changing .................service is becoming more important again .

I'd still always go to a place that gave me decent service, even if that service was a quick & polite response 'no' (ie they dont have or cant get what I want/ need).

People will will use the WEB as it can offer the same sort of 'non-service' as SOME local shops but at a cheaper price.

What value do people put on decent service ? personally I think its sometimes worth a fortune ! ( I went to buy a 300 bike on Sunday from Halfrauds - the service was so poor I just walked away - it would have taken them about 20 seconds to take my order - but no-one to be seen to speak to - I'm now buying online)
I'm with you on that one.I buy a lot online,but there's certain (non-online businesses) places I'll buy from even though they aren't the cheapest by a long way and it means a drive to get there.
I do it simply because the service goes above and beyond what you'd expect as they take pride in their business.
I also rather value the good advice and honest opinions given rather than having a sales agent without a clue trying to hard sell me something he knows nothing about.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2009, 10:53   #14

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
I buy a lot online,but there's certain places I'll buy from even though they aren't the cheapest by a long way and it means a drive to get there.
????
Old 23 February 2009, 11:04   #15
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
????
Edited

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote