RIBnet supporter

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
It's always struck me as perverse that the NHS spends billions keeping people alive well past their natural sell by date, only to put them on a pension that we can't afford, so they can spend another few years staring out of the care home window. Cynical, me?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 16:30   #12

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikey dave View Post
.... The nhs spends billions keeping people alive well past their natural sell by date
eh?!!!!

Old 12 October 2010, 16:48   #13
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
eh?!!!!
?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 12 October 2010, 16:51   #14
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
eh?!!!!
basically Mollers - at your age your about to start costing us all money, the best economic decision would have been for the NHS to give you a little bit too much anaesthetic at the weekend saving everyone money and the nursing staff a lot of hassle
Old 12 October 2010, 16:59   #15
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
They're not called coffin dodgers for nowt
Old 12 October 2010, 17:24   #16

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Does the private spark get 40% more pay to fund a pension and sick benefits and life cover that would be worth about 200-300 per month on the open market?
Funnily enough I don't pay too much less than 200 per month into my pension so if the figure above is accurate then I am paying far too much for a freeloader with a gold plated pension!
Incidentally the only person doing a simliar job in the immediate area to me in a private company gets paid 21% more than me, pays 1.5% less of his salary into a FS pension and gets exactly the same pension benefits as me.
I used to work for them and traded slightly worse benefits over a slightly better chance of longer term work. After 5 years here busier than I would have been if I had stayed were I was and now earning less money I am obviously not happy that even this is now under threat!
Do you know what a good spark gets paid around here? starting salary before OT is approx 34k! some of them earn over 40k with overtime........
Old 12 October 2010, 17:56   #17

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
basically Mollers - at your age your about to start costing us all money, the best economic decision would have been for the NHS to give you a little bit too much anaesthetic at the weekend saving everyone money and the nursing staff a lot of hassle
.. about to ?.... he is now ... Lets hope Nurse Gladys takes a look under the covers to help confirm his Ribnet gender whilst he's in there
Old 12 October 2010, 20:09   #18

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Sorry no, you slightly misunderstand, if one earned 40k, a life cover policy and income protection policy for an average 40 yr old male providing about 150k lunp sum on death or 1500 per month if unable to work would be roughly 200 pm. You then need to pay another roughly 1000 plus per month in to a pension!!!

This is why FS schemes are so valuable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
Funnily enough I don't pay too much less than 200 per month into my pension so if the figure above is accurate then I am paying far too much for a freeloader with a gold plated pension!
Incidentally the only person doing a simliar job in the immediate area to me in a private company gets paid 21% more than me, pays 1.5% less of his salary into a FS pension and gets exactly the same pension benefits as me.
I used to work for them and traded slightly worse benefits over a slightly better chance of longer term work. After 5 years here busier than I would have been if I had stayed were I was and now earning less money I am obviously not happy that even this is now under threat!
Do you know what a good spark gets paid around here? starting salary before OT is approx 34k! some of them earn over 40k with overtime........
Old 13 October 2010, 10:44   #19
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Sorry no, you slightly misunderstand, if one earned 40k, a life cover policy and income protection policy for an average 40 yr old male providing about 150k lunp sum on death or 1500 per month if unable to work would be roughly 200 pm. You then need to pay another roughly 1000 plus per month in to a pension!!!

PAY ANOTHER 1200 quid a month to the bloodsucking lombardy leeches known as insurance companies, not b****y likely. You'd be better off putting it in a sock under the bed Private pension plans... I speeet on them pthu! Ididn't get where I am today by ...............
Old 13 October 2010, 11:40   #20

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Quote:

I don't have those benefits at the moment or earn anything like 40k. The inservice death benefit is minimal and the pension nothing like even near 1.5k per month even after paying it for 40 years +.
It would be nice though!