Click Here to Login

Old 13 October 2010, 15:45   #21

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Its amazing how a problem caused by 'bankers greed' has now come down to those in the private sector attacking the pensions of those in the public sector, why? It seems to me it plays right into the polticians hands, I wonder why that would happen?
Old 13 October 2010, 16:00   #22

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I would be the last person to deny there is some incompetence and some overpaid folk in the public sector.
However its not exclusive to this sector of the economy and not generally universal either as seems to be getting claimed by some with agendas. I have seen just as much in the private sector and considerably more seems to be tied up in government.
There does seem to be a fair amount of "deflection" politics being carried out to make the problems seem to be caused by groups of folk that didn't really have anything to do with it but are convenient whipping boys for media and government.
The present financial crisis may have been caused by "bankers" greed but there have been a lot of others just as culpable, from the government allowing deregulation to go as far as it did enabling the bankers to get away with it......to all us thinking a house gaining 50% in value in a year and becoming more expensive that anybody could afford it was a good thing..........