Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
This campaign of yours may drive away from this website respected, qualified and experienced people without whose advice we would all be the poorer.

I'm not going anywhere!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2004, 20:32   #22

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Old 11 August 2004, 20:35   #23

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Andy at the Solent RIBeers we told you Stu is one of the most likeable peeps around

This thread has gotta be moved

Us
Old 11 August 2004, 20:49   #24

Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
pete7 its a sad life when

from plasma

Nervous newcummer
Just joined, a bit nervous though. I like boating, I have a boat, it is a white boat with an engine, I go in the water with it. I am looking for friendship. I promise not to tell you where to find a cheap plasma TV because it is a sin.

from

boat mad
http://www.boatmadforum.co.uk/
dan
Old 11 August 2004, 20:51   #25

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
MMSI: soon !
Anyone want to stump up for JK's hernia treatment ?

Us
Old 11 August 2004, 20:55   #26

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Stu, I was told once that you were full of yourself........ Now I belive it!!!
It wasn't a ribeye owner told you that was it they mostly think I am full of something!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2004, 22:32   #27

Hi Stu,

Maybe PeteB would be interested in buying your Projector. I think it would compliment nicely with the plasma screen.

Stereo video is the latest craze

P
Old 12 August 2004, 07:06   #28

Town: St Martins
Boat name: MATRIX
Make: Jeanneau Leader 805
Length: 8.05
Engine: Volvo KAD 43 Diesel
Pete

Doesnt these replies smack you as similiar ones to the replies you used to get on ybw.

Could it be the 28000 people on these forums are wronging you or do you think maybe if you adjust your manner on the internet more to that of when people meet you (as I know some from ybw have and find you good company) that you might find things different.

You got booted from here and come back under another identity, you got booted from ybw and are lurking there under another identity why dont you be a bit more reasonable in your postings and stop getting booted outof these places.

Other people can mange it why not you?
Old 12 August 2004, 07:25   #29

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Suspect the number of views for this thread are all to do with the horror of Flank..Hap..Peteb's reappearance on this forum posting mindless self centred drivel and little to do with any interest in buying plasma screens at discount prices. Reminds me of the kid at school who's dad could always get something better and cheaper than you could doesn't it

Oh yes and as for the "many PM's of support" line (also often seen on ybw.com)
Old 12 August 2004, 08:25   #30

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
It wasn't a ribeye owner told you that was it they mostly think I am full of something!
Old 12 August 2004, 08:27   #31

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Wait a minute...You've more or less reprieved yourself regarding Ribeyes. Your last post a few weeks ago actually contained some complimentary comments! Don't go back there!
Old 12 August 2004, 10:10   #32

Town: London
Make: Larson
Engine: Volvo D4 260hp DP
DeepSole, please don't pour poison into this forum with innacurate statements and lies. I have apologised three times re this thread nif that is the problem, but people like you keep it going with lies and petty gossip. I have never been 'booted out' of Ribnet, I changed my name due to problems I was having with the likes of people like you. I am also still a member of YBW and am not 'hiding' under any other name. It is clear from the support I have had on here that you, and the likes of you, are a very small minority, the majority of people do not have a problem and have shown this by voting with their mouse on the square blue satisfaction button on the left side under my name. I know there has been a conspiracy to wind me up, but I am afraid that it is not going to happen.

Now can we get back to boating chat
Old 12 August 2004, 12:32   #33

Town: St Martins
Boat name: MATRIX
Make: Jeanneau Leader 805
Length: 8.05
Engine: Volvo KAD 43 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteb
DeepSole, please don't pour poison into this forum with innacurate statements and lies. I have apologised three times re this thread nif that is the problem, but people like you keep it going with lies and petty gossip. I have never been 'booted out' of Ribnet, I changed my name due to problems I was having with the likes of people like you. I am also still a member of YBW and am not 'hiding' under any other name. It is clear from the support I have had on here that you, and the likes of you, are a very small minority, the majority of people do not have a problem and have shown this by voting with their mouse on the square blue satisfaction button on the left side under my name. I know there has been a conspiracy to wind me up, but I am afraid that it is not going to happen.

Now can we get back to boating chat
Dont pour poison, ha the words "kettle pot black calling the" spring to mind.

Conspiracy...no you dig your own holes around these places. On YBW we didnt suddenly say hmm who we going to have a pop at today you came along and soaked up all the posts nd questions in your bid to learn or research when you had made up your mind what you really wanted any way. People who gave you sound replies and advice were then criicised by you for the advice given.

It was he majority of people that you peed off on ybw not the minority despite lots of bans (even tho you claim you had none but we all know different) you still didnt change your tune. from what I gather whilst you were here under the name FLANKER you did exactly the same and peed the majority off. Just os your Peteb now does not mean you have changed, you criticise then come back with the same retort I am just researching or learning. You could have changed your name to kalamazoo and I would have still guessed it was you by the style of writing the smilies everywhere and the way you always use research or learn in the phrase when backing out of criticism.

Pete for christsakes listen to the people that criticise you and "learn" from your previous encounters with them. You could probably help alot of people especially in the gadgets area but get yourself the wrong name whatever one you choose for the things said.

I know you arent going to listen to any advice and I have wasted my time as have people before me (yes your mates inc. not just the ones who nock you) as that is the way you have and probably always do things.

Personally you could have a row of green credability blobs on your sceen and it wont make a blind bit of difference. BTW I liked the fact you shared your bargain with everyone try sticking it on the right page next time.
Old 12 August 2004, 13:19   #34

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteb
DeepSole, I have never been 'booted out' of Ribnet, I changed my name due to problems I was having with the likes of people like you.
To quote JK:

Pete aka Flanker has taken up more admin time than anyone else on the forum.
I have been very patient with him, explained gently where he is going wrong, and asked (implored) him to keep his messages on topic and to think twice before posting.
A bit of humour does help a forum, but pointless wisecracks of dubious taste don't make interesting reading though. My general thoughts about running the forums are in a separate message at http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1529
In fact, I would ask eveyone just to think twice before they click that "Submit" button, and check to see if it's really going to be useful or funny!
When it gets to the stage where, despite several requests and a temporary suspension, Pete writes yet another pointless message followed by "Anyway it looks like I will be on a ban from JK, but what the hell", why should I bother?
Old 12 August 2004, 13:53   #35

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
.... and this,
Pete
Just who do you think you are?
Many of your messages on the RIBnet forums demonstrate a lack of clue, but this demonstrates once again a new depth of cluelessness and arrogance on your part.
Please, please, wind your neck in.
JK
Old 12 August 2004, 13:56   #36

Town: London
Make: Larson
Engine: Volvo D4 260hp DP
To quote JK :-

"In fact, I would ask eveyone just to think twice before they click that "Submit" button, and check to see if it's really going to be useful or funny!"

Can we please stick to the rules

Oh! and out of interest before we close this thread FOREVER, did anyone manage to get a Plasma

I will be concentrating on boating now to keep out of bother, so no more comments or viewing of this thread by me
Old 12 August 2004, 20:13   #37

Boat name: Blug IV
Make: Humber (Big)
Length: 10m +
Engine: Seagull X 2
I've got mine...it's fab!

Thanks Pete B for a top tip.

Blug
Old 14 August 2004, 21:03   #38

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Hey, c'mon guys, cut Mr PeteB a bit of slack! We all know about the old "Flanker" stuff so can we be grown-ups and let it drop? If his greatest sin is go off topic, then hey big deal! It's ended up on "Non-boating discussion, tech talk, jokes, gratuitous babble" anyway.

So why so upset... just bought one of these TVs at the old price?

BTW - Just put the model number of any prospective new purchase into Google - sometimes the results can be very enlightening... like this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi.../t-144292.html
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote