Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 December 2005, 05:01   #21
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Well I am British and proud of it!!! Once upon a time it was ALL Britain anyway!!!
......and also over 40% of the world's surface. Wonder where it all went??.
Should never have been defeated by a bunch of Davey Crockets?

Jonathan
__________________

__________________
eupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2005, 10:08   #22
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Well I am British and proud of it!!! Once upon a time it was ALL Britain anyway!!!
YOU'RE a Welshman and proud to be British?
Blimey.

So, we have at least one Scotsman who will ADMIT to being British
One Welshman proud to be British.

We need an Irishman (presumably from the North) proud to be British
and, possibly the hardest one of all (in the current climate), an Englishman proud to be British,and we're there!

What's so hard about forming a nation?
__________________

__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2005, 10:25   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
......and also over 40% of the world's surface. Wonder where it all went??.
Should never have been defeated by a bunch of Davey Crockets?

Jonathan
I think you will find 2 World Wars had a lot to do with it - we save the world - literally - and what thanks do we get????
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2005, 10:32   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
YOU'RE a Welshman and proud to be British?
Blimey.

So, we have at least one Scotsman who will ADMIT to being British
One Welshman proud to be British.

We need an Irishman (presumably from the North) proud to be British
and, possibly the hardest one of all (in the current climate), an Englishman proud to be British,and we're there!

What's so hard about forming a nation?
Well unlike some other Welsh and Scotsmen I don't see why we should be forced into our own little corners by a bunch of heathen barbarians when the whole country was ours!!!

In fact despite what most "English" people think they are actually of Celtic decent!!!

"An average English person, like an average Scot or Welshman, is more likely to be Celtic or Scandinavian in ancestry than Anglo-Saxon. It seems the Anglo-Saxons greatest legacy is not genetic, perhaps not even cultural but linguistic."

Having said that things are changing fast - will soon be Bangladeshi or even Lithuanian if TB carries on much longer!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 06:06   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I think you will find 2 World Wars had a lot to do with it - we save the world - literally - and what thanks do we get????
It's this sort of reactionary rubbish that gets the UK international lapdog status - Two world wars so completely bankrupted the UK that we have to kiss the big US ass just to be allowed to pretent to be important!
__________________
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 06:47   #26
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
It's this sort of reactionary rubbish that gets the UK international lapdog status - Two world wars so completely bankrupted the UK that we have to kiss the big US ass just to be allowed to pretent to be important!
Roger that, in spades.
__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 09:27   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
It's this sort of reactionary rubbish that gets the UK international lapdog status - Two world wars so completely bankrupted the UK that we have to kiss the big US ass just to be allowed to pretent to be important!
Why is it rubbish??? It happens to be true!!! Your statement is far more "reactionary rubbish"!!!

As to being so bankrupt we have bounced back somewhat - I suggest you study current financial situations a bit more - if ANYONE is bankrupt it is the USA - they owe more than any other country on this Earth - they owe over $8,000,000,000,000 - and it is increasing at $3 billion a day!!!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Britain happens to own more of the world than most people realise - we are behind the biggest takeovers and are one of the biggest creditor nations.

The USA is actually in such a state China is sitting on a massive $ mountain they are afraid to cash in because the dollar would collapse.
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 09:28   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
Roger that, in spades.
The FACTS speak for themselves!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 10:09   #29
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 885
agree with Codders all the way on this one. The problem is the UK doesnt blow its trumpet loud enough!!!!!!!!!!!.

jonathan
__________________
eupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2005, 11:05   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
agree with Codders all the way on this one. The problem is the UK doesnt blow its trumpet loud enough!!!!!!!!!!!.

jonathan
My God am I seeing things?????

I blame the media ofr destroying what little national pride we had left - the ignorant views held by so many are so damaging!!!
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.