Old 05 March 2007, 17:43   #1

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Netobjects Fusion question.

I'm hoping to get a bit of technical information concerning Netobjects Fusion 9, if anyone can guide me it would very much appreciated.
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my website having lost the lot from my hard drive thanks to a virus. I am able to download the website as a whole but cannot then import it into Netobjests Fusion in order to work on it however I can import assets individually, hence the rebuild.
Everything I am doing is being backed up on to disc as I go, for security and also to allow me to work on the website in work if time allows, unfortunately this is where I have the problem. When I tried to open the website using NOF on another PC from the saved site on disk it opened but most of the images were missing, the master border had been rearranged and the whole thing was generally a mess, the only reason I can see for this is that the image path route is specific to my home PC therefore if anything happened to my harddrive (again ) I'd be back in the same situation and having to rebuild. How can I save the site so I can reimport the site back into NOF with no problem from any PC?
Old 06 March 2007, 01:11   #2

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Many web design packages have problems importing websites, so the headache there isn't too surprising.

As far as the rebuilt site goes, are you trying to work off the disk itself or copying the files between the two PCs?

I would use the NOF backup either directly on to the transfer disk or copy the backup folder from the first machine. Then reload it onto the second machine. Do it back the other way when you're done. Of course you need to be sure which is the master version - PC1, PC2 or on the removable disk!

There's some forums attached to the NOF website but I don't have the link handy. When I looked before, some things had seemed never to be answered though! You can link through from the package itself IIIRC.

USB harddrive units are pretty cheap now. You can get 300GB for £60-70 which gives you stacks of backup space.
Old 06 March 2007, 08:42   #3

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Many thanks for the reply Mike, I'll give that a go and report back.