Old 31 August 2015, 07:19   #1

Length: 7m +
Need Advice

Hi Folks, I had some work done recently by a garage on my Audi S3 to replace an injector and also to replace brake discs and pads on the front. Since then I discovered the following issues;

1. some wiring not routed correctly in the engine bay.
2. A cracked engine cover which must have happened when they pulled the engine cover off.
3. Incorrectly routed air pipe which feeds into the air filter assy causing the tube to be squeezed.
4. Two screws missing that secure the ignition coils wiring to the engine.
5. A hose blew off from the intercooler causing loss of power and irratic revs
6. A broken connector which connects the brake disc sensor to the loom.
7. I now have an intermittent ground/earth fault which effects the dash (nothing working) and other electrical components.

All of this in very short time after the injector was fixed.

I feel the garage have messed up the work and haven't put things back properly.

I am eager to hear from members who have had problems with garage mechanics and how they got things put right.

I no longer trust this particular garage and am thinking of taking my Audi to another garage for a full inspection of the engine and wiring to see if anything else has been put back incorrectly or is missing and then send the original the bill.

I am also considering if I don't get anywhere I will parade up and down the front of their garage on a busy Saturday with a large banner describing the issues ive had.

So have anyone had any troubles and how did you deal with it.
Old 31 August 2015, 07:53   #2

Length: 3m +
You are a million miles off marching with a banner.

As soon as you take it to a new garage your original garage starts blaming them. You MUST give the first garage the right to put it right. If they refuse, THEN you can look at options. If this is a stealer then I'd be going back to Audi HQ for advice at that point. If its a normal garage then yes a report by another competent garage would be good. But how do you know the original garage aren't going to say... 'Not us, we put everything back as we found it. You must have had dodgy work done by another garage'.

Honey is better lube than Vinegar.
Old 31 August 2015, 08:18   #3
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Posting as willk, private Netizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
I am also considering if I don't get anywhere I will parade up and down the front of their garage on a busy Saturday with a large banner describing the issues ive had.
Personally, I think you should go for it!
IMHO, any garage useless enough to mess up that badly won't entertain you otherwise.