Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
who started the landrover thing again

another 100 pages again

nice car nick

now you should have got a warrior L200 the engines made of gold yes codprawn it is gold. it goes 150 mph with a 8.5 meter rib on the back
it will do 500mpg around town it eats kia things for lunch and you can sell it for what you paid for it after five years

DAN TD5
Old 05 May 2005, 20:28   #42

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Never heard ANYONE talk such crap in all my life!!!

AS usual Codprawn crap is one of your perogatives. Just the name "codprawn "
sounds like some dimentive description of a prehistoric animal. But I am not surprised - when seeing some of your posts I think you would be better off spending your time with a shrink.

Jonathan
Old 05 May 2005, 20:35   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
Wow, well done Eupa, so how much exactly did you send to the Sudan?

I see that someone on another thread yesterday implied that you need to 'get a life', I'd take their advice!

You have no idea of my life , so how can you judge? I have just come back from the Sudan , wise guy, and what I saw would put everybody to shame in so called "european society" - what we waste in food would feed the whole
goddam Sudan - so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Jonathan
Old 05 May 2005, 20:39   #44

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
As to quality have you heard the probs people get with Mercs these days???
Yes, quality appears to be a problem everywhere these days. I read a couple of months ago that there has been a record number of recalls in the automotive industry during the last two years due to manufacturers rushing to bring new models to market before they've been properly developed. Not just cars either, seems to be affecting all manner of products. Bought a new Stihl petrol strimmer last week, it was back at the dealer's on Monday with petrol leaking from two pipes attached to the carburettor. Foolishly assumed it was made in Germany, but noticed it had 'China' stamped on the engine Wish I'd paid the extra for a Honda one, seems to be one of the few companies capable of building things that don't fall apart. Got a Honda engine on my Belle concrete mixer and it's bloody fantastic. Don't use it for a couple of years and it still fires second pull

I saw a new Disco in Chelmsford this evening and I must say, like Nick, the styling is definitely growing on me. I'm beginning to think of it as chunky rather than boxy. It's quite interesting to note that most of them are in Bonatti Grey which seems to suit it quite well. Hardly saw any of the outgoing Disco in that colour. The choice of alloys seems to influence the looks of the new one quite significantly, too. Ludicrously long model codes on the tailgate, though!
Old 05 May 2005, 20:51   #45

Town: Helston, Cornwall
Boat name: Silver Fern
Make: Rayglass Protector
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 250hp Verado
MMSI: 235024092
Send a message via AIM to gingercoastie Send a message via MSN to gingercoastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Hardly saw any of the outgoing Disco in that colour.
Mines that colour

Its all got to go - make me an offer...............

Skype - alexgreig
gingercoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 21:04   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
You absolutely sure about that? Try Landrover.com/be and tell me what it says there... my french is a little rusty.........and just double checked....I can up-rate my LR to 4000KG towing....

Jono the Belgium web site is about 12 months out of date I doubt that you could rate your LR to 4000kgs towing, as you would then be over the 7500 kgs MAW .Then you need a tacho, and driver hours come into the equation as well. In about two years - all so called "white vans" ( up to 3500 maw) will have to have a tacho and limited to some 100 kph. I dont see you getting away with towing 4000 kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06 May 2005, 01:15   #47

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
You have no idea of my life , so how can you judge? I have just come back from the Sudan , wise guy, and what I saw would put everybody to shame in so called "european society" - what we waste in food would feed the whole
goddam Sudan - so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Jonathan
So I take it YOU have sold your RIB - sold your wonderful car and your TV and are now living in a cave after giving ALL your money to the poor Sudanese???
Old 06 May 2005, 07:15   #48

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Jono the Belgium web site is about 12 months out of date I doubt that you could rate your LR to 4000kgs towing, as you would then be over the 7500 kgs MAW .Then you need a tacho, and driver hours come into the equation as well. In about two years - all so called "white vans" ( up to 3500 maw) will have to have a tacho and limited to some 100 kph. I dont see you getting away with towing 4000 kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really shouldn't dig yourself any deeper. Yes I can rate my 110 to 4000KG. I install the required brake system and take proof of that to LR dealer who then supply me with a revised VIN plate showing the increased GTW...that's Gross train weight... and I need a tacho anyway as I tow a trailer for business purposes.. but you knew that anyway didn't you.... ditch the spade, dude... the hole's getting real deep...
Old 06 May 2005, 08:00   #49

Quote:
So I take it YOU have sold your RIB - sold your wonderful car and your TV and are now living in a cave after giving ALL your money to the poor Sudanese???

Why don't you set an example for once. Marvelleous election results, dont you think?
Old 06 May 2005, 08:14   #50

Quote:
You really shouldn't dig yourself any deeper. Yes I can rate my 110 to 4000KG. I install the required brake system and take proof of that to LR dealer who then supply me with a revised VIN plate showing the increased GTW...that's Gross train weight... and I need a tacho anyway as I tow a trailer for business purposes.. but you knew that anyway didn't you.... ditch the spade, dude... the hole's getting real deep...

My information is based on Belgium regulations and I must admit I forgot the fact that they make a difference for commercial and non commercial registration. When you buy a estate car, 4x4. -for non commercial use, you pay a taxe "mise en circualtion"- depending on engine power which eg for a 2500 cc/150 hp is about 2000 euros + a diesel car tax + vat at 21%. So most cunning Belgiums - in order to get around these taxes "convert the 4x4 to a commercial vehicle in most cases by having the back seats taken out and the attachementts welded over. ( This again is under discussion)
It has to pass an MOT where if you dont have a tacho the MAW ( or MTW) is 3500 kgs. If you have a tacho it is limited to 7500 kgs- or the makers
plate weight.

There is no intention on my part to set myself up as an expert on UK regs. But just one question . Doesnt UK law state that the towing vehicle have to be heavier than the towed weight??

Jonahan
Old 06 May 2005, 08:46   #51

Quote:
It has to pass an MOT where if you dont have a tacho the MAW ( or MTW) is 3500 kgs. If you have a tacho it is limited to 7500 kgs-
Don't confuse MAW (old designation for MAM) with MTW (new verison of GTW) they are not the same thing old chap...

Quote:
or the makers
plate weight.
Which is why LR, for instance, will issue you with a revised VIN plate if you wish to uprate...

Quote:
There is no intention on my part to set myself up as an expert on UK regs. But just one question .
so why make statements such as....

Quote:
AND
can tow 2800 kgs which your Discovery or your Range Rrover cannot do
legally..
and...

Quote:
I doubt that you could rate your LR to 4000kgs .............I dont see you getting away with towing 4000 kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Doesnt UK law state that the towing vehicle have to be heavier than the towed weight??

Jonahan
Well, No...it doesn't...... quote from DOT... or whatever they are nowadays...

"....there is not any specified relationship in UK law between the weight of the towing vehicle and the weight of the trailer."

<edit> Just to clarify..we are talking about braked trailers....unbraked trailers (up to 750Kg) mustn't exceed 50% of vehicle weight ..

So please, stop digging.......and, by the way?... isn't there a "T" in JonaThan..?
Old 06 May 2005, 10:18   #52

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Eupa You’re not related to Codprawn by any chance

From the dictionary:-
Genus crustacean

Eupacrustaceanious
noun [C or U](Phonetic:-Eup-Belgium-living-expert-ious)
a sea animal that has five pairs of legs and a round flat body covered by a shell.
Habitat:- Belgium country of myths, feeds mainly on crap.

Codprawnipous
noun [C] (Phonetic:-Co-Welsh-living-expert-ous)
a small edible sea animal with a shell and ten legs.
Habitat:- Bottom feeder, talks crap.

Coincidence or what
Des
Old 06 May 2005, 10:22   #53

Des.... that is truly funny..... nearly spit out my coffee when I read it...
Old 06 May 2005, 10:35   #54

Quote:
Why don't you set an example for once. Marvelleous election results, dont you think?
Not it is YOU who should be setting the example as it is YOU whop brought up the subject - bloody hypocrite!!!!

Yes great result - proof whoever controls the media controls the country!!!
Old 06 May 2005, 10:50   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
Eupa You’re not related to Codprawn by any chance

From the dictionary:-
Genus crustacean

Eupacrustaceanious
noun [C or U](Phonetic:-Eup-Belgium-living-expert-ious)
a sea animal that has five pairs of legs and a round flat body covered by a shell.
Habitat:- Belgium country of myths, feeds mainly on crap.

Codprawnipous
noun [C] (Phonetic:-Co-Welsh-living-expert-ous)
a small edible sea animal with a shell and ten legs.
Habitat:- Bottom feeder, talks crap.

Coincidence or what
Des

Sorry wrong again

I happen to be the UNIQUE offspring of my loving parents - Gadus morhua and
Leander serratus - I had a wonderful upbringing which was brought to a sudden end by the evil rhincodon typus.

To even SUGGEST I have legs - never mind 10 of them - is terribly insulting and just typical of common prejudice and I demand an apology at once!!!
Old 06 May 2005, 12:39   #56

Quote:
Not it is YOU who should be setting the example as it is YOU whop brought up the subject - bloody hypocrite!!!!

Yes great result - proof whoever controls the media controls the country!!!

I understand that you are a cripple....................??

As regards media control -
nobody insists you buy The Sun, Times, Sunday Times.Murdoch has a few magazines which could hardly be thought of as Media Control. I met the man in Wapping some time ago- and if you had ever met him you woul'nt come up with your kind of prose. So who is the hypocrite??

Desmond is a different kettle of fish.

The problem Codpiece, is that all this critique comes from jealousy.
I only referred to Nick Hearnes rants about a Discovery because he himself called it his new toy. Not me, and quite frankly to spend 40000 quid on a 4x4
is just plain stupidity
Anyway , realy enjojed myself over the last 24 hours- and buy you a drink anytimes. I am off for the next 48 hours, and more important have to make
Sangria

Kind wishes to everybody

Jonathan
Old 06 May 2005, 13:05   #57

Jono, to tow 4000 kgs with your bone rattler is just asking for trouble unless
you dont do more than 45 kph- Reminds me of a guy who was towing a car trailer with an LR - and how many people did he kill when he went off the road and blocked a main rail line - towing trailers in excess of 3000 kgs is just unsafe at any speed unless you happen to be a super,super , super driver. Are You?

I would also check your insurance to see if they would cover you in case of an accident.

Jonathan
Old 06 May 2005, 13:13   #58

Quote:
Jono, to tow 4000 kgs with your bone rattler is just asking for trouble unless
you dont do more than 45 kph- Reminds me of a guy who was towing a car trailer with an LR - and how many people did he kill when he went off the road and blocked a main rail line - towing trailers in excess of 3000 kgs is just unsafe at any speed unless you happen to be a super,super , super driver. Are You?

I would also check your insurance to see if they would cover you in case of an accident.

Jonathan
I was going to try and reason with you, but it seems that you are not a reasonable person...so I'll just resort to base insults... " You really are a prize tit, aren't you?"......
Old 07 May 2005, 09:34   #59

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:

I only referred to Nick Hearnes rants about a Discovery because he himself called it his new toy. Not me, and quite frankly to spend 40000 quid on a 4x4
is just plain stupidity

Jonathan
Why is it stupid, should I sell the house & move in to a tent?
If I can afford a £40 grand car why not if you can only afford a £20 grand car & you are happy with it well aren't you Lucky!
£20 grand sat in the bank ain't a lot of fun & driving a KIA shore ant my idea of fun!
Stupid would have to be spending lots of money on boats but we all do that!
Old 07 May 2005, 10:51   #60

Quote:
I was going to try and reason with you, but it seems that you are not a reasonable person...so I'll just resort to base insults... " You really are a prize tit, aren't you?"......
Just shows the limit of your intelligence. People like you I spit out before
breakfast. If you had read ( can you read with your limited capacity/) my posts- I was referring to Belgium regs- which invarabaly become eu regs.

Why dont you tell everybody how many people that guy killed whilst towing with a LR ( and overweight trailer)???- i,e answer the question.
And check your facts - go to www.landrover.be ( dated jan 2005 ) - there is no mention of towing weights as regards the Discovery ( go to specifications-if you find it difficult to follow just ask me)- and the resaon for that is that legislation is changing as regards Jono type people having accdents

With tremendeous rspect ,

jonathan