Old 17 August 2005, 07:30   #11
Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Charger
Make: Prosport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 200HP OB
On the subject of Copyrightnig etc, look out for Sony as well as Ipod. It behaves in a similar way to the Ipod in that you have to use their software to load up tracks and in fact doesn't let you load up tracks that are bought off Napster (which they didn't tell me in the shop....).

I have the 20Gb HDD Walkman and its great so long as you don't want to buy from Napster or, ahem, share tracks with other people...It does have a genuine 40 hour battery life, which I haven't seen on anything else.

I know you were only talking about 1GB players, but I guess the same software restrictions apply to all Sony players.

Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2005, 10:58   #12
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Sony are a nightmare when it comes to things like this - mate of mine just wouldn't listen and went out and bought a Sony DVD player for about 200 - of course he wanted to watch copied films etc - no chance!!! He went out and bought a cheapy for about 50 which would play anything you threw at it.....

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote