Old 05 November 2014, 15:53   #11

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
We've had legal cover on our separate car insurances for as long as I can remember. It is a very small sum in the overall cost of running a car and well worthwhile in my opinion.

We've had 3 occasions to use the cover over the past 20yrs and I would say there is an advantage in using the cover offered by the insurance co directly attached to a policy as the relationship between the legal folks and the insurer enables the administration and claims process to neatly dovetail at the point the legal cover needs to be brought into operation.

Old 05 November 2014, 18:33   #12

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
We've had legal cover on our separate car insurances for as long as I can remember. It is a very small sum in the overall cost of running a car and well worthwhile in my opinion.

We've had 3 occasions to use the cover over the past 20yrs and I would say there is an advantage in using the cover offered by the insurance co directly attached to a policy as the relationship between the legal folks and the insurer enables the administration and claims process to neatly dovetail at the point the legal cover needs to be brought into operation.
I'm in agreement that legal cover is a good idea for peace of mind and all that, I've also used it once many years ago for a claim.

I now know that there are stand alone policies that cover several cars and possibly other insurances like home and boat. I'm not so sure I can get one policy that covers my wife and I together yet. But if I can I stand to save about 75 a year on legal protection and still be fully covered.

I've got some phoning around to do as there is little information on the detail of these protection policies.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote