Old 14 September 2005, 16:53   #31

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
The 2.8 Mitzy engine is supposed to be a bit of a dog I've been told, the pump is problematic. To be honest my 2.5 L200 is noisy and gutless compared to the missus X5, but it's a truck, it suits my work needs and the kids love going surfing in it. Her Dad has a new Shogun which sounds and goes no better than my truck. They really need to bring those things into the 21st century. Speaking of engine braking. The X5 has an "Adaptive" gearbox, so called as it adapts to your style of driving. Dab the brakes going down hill, it kicks down and revs like hell. Not pleasant.

Old 14 September 2005, 17:31   #32

Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn

People talk of gutless - I drove a Pajero the other day - a 2.8 auto - now that WAS gutless -
PLEASE try a Pajero Evolution 3.5 V6 with a 5 speed Tiptonic Gearbox then tell me a Pajero is gutless. I spend many years as a MOD test driver and NOBODY was a bigger landy fan than me than I found jap 4X4's.get into the 21st century

Old 14 September 2005, 17:34   #33

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
The 2.8 Mitzy engine is supposed to be a bit of a dog I've been told, the pump is problematic. To be honest my 2.5 L200 is noisy and gutless compared to the missus X5, but it's a truck, it suits my work needs and the kids love going surfing in it. Her Dad has a new Shogun which sounds and goes no better than my truck. They really need to bring those things into the 21st century. Speaking of engine braking. The X5 has an "Adaptive" gearbox, so called as it adapts to your style of driving. Dab the brakes going down hill, it kicks down and revs like hell. Not pleasant.
the x5 is a lovely car and tows well i understand but cant afford one with all the other hobbies i have. Love beemers my self, have one currently as my car and the build quality etc is brill. my shogun was a 3.5 v6 thingy which was great and reasonable power but got bored of driving it as the main car as the ride was very harsh so got the mrs a landy and i changed to a beemer. she loves the landy but i find it tough going....my beemer has an adaptive gearbox as well i think, nor sure, codders will put me right if i am our of line, it holds the gears in certain situations etc which is quite handy and will hold a gear thru corners if you are giving it a bit, will have to try the dab trick!!
Old 14 September 2005, 17:41   #34

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by randski
PLEASE try a Pajero Evolution 3.5 V6 with a 5 speed Tiptonic Gearbox then tell me a Pajero is gutless. I spend many years as a MOD test driver and NOBODY was a bigger landy fan than me than I found jap 4X4's.get into the 21st century
had a lwb 3.5 shogun for 3 years, had 4 steering racks, 2 steering boxs, 3 steering columns, numerous other bits of steering and suspension all to remove a clonk from the drivers side, thank god it was under warranty, and they never fixed it had tappits replaced, i was going to go for a evolution next but the problems i had and ride made me decide to go for comfort. have heard the 2.8s are a bit thirsty too.
Old 14 September 2005, 17:46   #35

Quote:
Agreed, but the Mitsubishi diesel is only one step on from the Fordson Major compared to the very latest diesel technology.
Old 14 September 2005, 17:53   #36

The Pajero Evolution is a totaly different beast incredably strong! but very thirsty but the performance off or on road.................
Old 14 September 2005, 17:56   #37

Quote:
The Pajero Evolution is a totaly different beast incredably strong! but very thirsty but the performance off or on road.................
The perfect tool fo the Penryn/Dakar!
Old 14 September 2005, 18:00   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
The perfect tool fo the Penryn/Dakar!
Old 14 September 2005, 20:44   #39

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:

Come off it!!! This is hardly a NORMAL Pajero!!! You may as well compare it to this!!!

And it is even more suited to the Daaker!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bowler 4 (Small).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	14435  
Old 14 September 2005, 20:46   #40

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
And for people who don't know it is a Bowler Wildcat - based on a Land Rover and as tested on Top Gear - yours for aout 75000 and includes support for entry into the Paris Daakar - be nice for towing the RIB!!!